Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My 'New' VX

c2105026

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VTII Commodore Olympic, 2012 Ford Focus ST
Hello all,

I recently got a Mazda 3 (used) that had a bit of accident damage. No worries I thought.........HAH! After TWO different trips to 2 different panelbeaters I had arrived at the conclusion that a) it was irreperable, and b) it looked like s**t, and c) c2105026 NEVER drives about in a car that looks like s**t.

So....rather than attempt a 3rd repair at escalating expense I traded it. Here are some details of my 2nd Commodore....

- 2001 VX Sedan Equipe
- White, paint is untouched, smooth and glossy to touch. Has 3 stone chips, dings in bootlid being taken out by Paintless Dent Repair tomorrow morning. Was missing some trim items, but these either have been replaced or have been ordered by dealer.
- Interior is immaculate, driver's seat not even worn. Seat back pocket was broken, but was fixed as part of deal.
- Mechanically perfect - had a wheel wobble going to and from uni today, but a $15 balance cured that. Original spare unused.
- 37500 KM!!

Car was sold new at Bathurst Holden, I am either second owner or 3rd owner. Salesman said a man traded it, but it was delivered new to a woman, according to the handbook.

Photos coming shortly

Mick1988

W.A. Cruise Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.sarichtechnology.com
Members Ride
Too many to list......
Jealous as... I thought mine with 101,000 was reasonably low but 37,500 NICE.

Sell me your dash cluster?? :p

MR_VX

Forced to be Fast
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S pac SII Raptorcharged
i had 44,000km on mine when i got it almost 4 years ago now

Ive got a cluster sitting here with 67,000kms on it, i swaped it for a brand new calais cluster programed for my car. abit of a waster lol

Mick1988

W.A. Cruise Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.sarichtechnology.com
Members Ride
Too many to list......
How much would you be after for that cluster? Not interested in using it for dodgy stuff more as an investment as they get older and harder to find with low K's

MR_VX

Forced to be Fast
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S pac SII Raptorcharged
Id perfer to keep it until i sell my car, just in case i have to swap a fuel gauge over, plus its had its needles pulled off to get the red facia off to put on the calais one, so yeah its in pieces.

c2105026

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VTII Commodore Olympic, 2012 Ford Focus ST
Jealous as... I thought mine with 101,000 was reasonably low but 37,500 NICE.

Sell me your dash cluster?? :p

haha no car will be kept intact, but thanks for the suggestion :) I discovered today for same price I could have got an '03 VY II Berlina, but it had 121,000 on it. Would be nice to finally have a car with a proper trip computer. However I made my choice; I stand by it, 85000 less kms means effectively 5 or so extra years of usage out of it....... anyways, car is at PDR guy as we speak whilst I do uni work.....