Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My new VZ SVZ ute

Zachari

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VZ SVZ UTE
My 2007 VZ SVZ

Just got her about a week ago and she is pretty much all stock other than the rear view camera.

Mods:
None

Upcoming:
Pioneer AVIC-F940BT head unit
Tray lighting
Cat back exhaust (Not sure yet)

pletty more to do but focusing on the little things first.

P1000391.jpgP1000394.jpgP1000396.jpgP1000397.jpgP1000398.jpgP1000399.jpgP1000406.jpgP1000408.jpg

SUP3RST4R_DJ

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 MY11 Holden VE SSV Ute
Ute looks good mate, you gunna lower it aswell? It would sit pretty nice on SLs.

Also as for exhaust if you want something that gives it a bit of a note but nothing over the top look at removing the rear resi and replacing with straight pipe, then if you go to sell or decide you don't want the sound put the original pipe back in, only costs about $100 too

Zachari

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VZ SVZ UTE
Thanks mate, ive thought about it but the speed bumps around where i am are crazy and i dont really want the attention. a friend suggested bagging it but not sure.

I might look into that abit see what she sounds like, i just want something that sounds nice, louder than my mums 4 cylinder toyota and i dont like the stock tip.

nice job on getting a turismo blue vz ute, havent seen a ute one on the streets before.

SUP3RST4R_DJ

Reaction score
Members Ride
SL isn't to low mate it's where mine sits at, just gotta take care. And I've never had a problem with the cops in my ute. Or you could look at going just lows? Just looks a bit 4WD spec at the moment lol

Yeah I personally like the rear resi removed, it gives it a nice note without being to loud or droning badly, can't even hear it on the highway.

And thanks man, turismo blue is my favourite colour and I hunted around quite a while for it haha

Zachari

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VZ SVZ UTE
Yeah i just had a look at yours and it sits quite nice. will look into it. The guy i got it off took it to the country every now and then so he never had it done.

I looked for months for mine, never even saw a turismo blue ute that was anywhere near me. But I still really like the impulse

SUP3RST4R_DJ

Reaction score
Members Ride
ohk i spose it depends what sorta roads you drive, where and how often. like mine mainly gets around town, goes to sydney or the coast every now and again, but i can still take it to the dam and drive on all the dirt roads there as long as i take it slow and steady

yeah i reckon the impulse is a really nice colour too, just too many people in town here have impulse vz commodores lol i wanted something different

Zachari

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VZ SVZ UTE
Yeah mine mostly is around town as well but i know i will be taking it for some longer drives to the country some time down the track.

Yeah its quite common but where i am its the only svz so thats enough for me right now. And it will look better later.

Zachari

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VZ SVZ UTE
Just finished the first stage of the lighting for my tray.
I tapped from the cig lighter to get 12v for the led strip.
Easy job just took abit of time as its my first time pulling the center console out of this one.
IMG_20120615_020756.jpgIMG_20120615_020837.jpgIMG_20120615_020947.jpg
Next stage is the two strips on the underside of the hard top and after that is the footwell lighting. Not sure on blue or green for the interior though cause everything else inside is green illuminated.

SUP3RST4R_DJ

Reaction score
Members Ride
looks good mate, i was thinking of doing the same to mine with multicoloured strips and have it switched to come on when you open the lid

my advice is to go blue in the interior, there is a fella on here called phreddy who when he gets time can converty your dash lights to blue or any colour you want

Macca86

Reaction score
Members Ride
XR6T Ute & a ZX6R
Just finished the first stage of the lighting for my tray.
I tapped from the cig lighter to get 12v for the led strip.
Easy job just took abit of time as its my first time pulling the center console out of this one.
View attachment 143436View attachment 143437View attachment 143438
Next stage is the two strips on the underside of the hard top and after that is the footwell lighting. Not sure on blue or green for the interior though cause everything else inside is green illuminated.

Do an ASR light conversion and get all your dash lights etc changed to blue and then everything will match and look awesome!