Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

my new ZB Calais experience

Badgerdog

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB Calais V
Max tech for the money and the 9 speed auto is a real honey.

Stevezb

Reaction score
Members Ride
2018 zb calais
Hi all, Just a minor update. The start/stop started working at 2023 kms. Ive done about 500kms since then and has been working perfectly. It works so well that I havn`t felt the need to turn it off like I do every time I drive my Mrs CLA merc.
I`m assuming that for run in purposes, the start stop is in-active for the first 2000kms.
I reported the start/stop not functioning to both the dealer and Holden and they said it must be a fault.
There is nothing in the manual I`ve found on it.

Has anybody else experienced this?

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
I reported the start/stop not functioning to both the dealer and Holden and they said it must be a fault.

That is an interesting diagnosis, very re-assuring regarding their extensive knowledge of the car.
Were they forthcoming with a fix this 'fault', of did they just agree with you and reconfirm the bleeding obvious.

87VLCALAIS

Reaction score
Members Ride
3.8 VY S Manual, ZB RSV
Hi all, Just a minor update. The start/stop started working at 2023 kms. Ive done about 500kms since then and has been working perfectly. It works so well that I havn`t felt the need to turn it off like I do every time I drive my Mrs CLA merc.
I`m assuming that for run in purposes, the start stop is in-active for the first 2000kms.
There is nothing in the manual I`ve found on it.

Has anybody else experienced this?
The auto stop/start won't kick in if you have things like the air con on. Also it seems to depend on hard you press on the brake pedal. A light press doesn't activate the Stop/Start in my experience, whereas a firm press does..

The Stop/Start worked from day one on my RSV, so I'd say it's definitely not related to running in. By any chance is there anything you might be doing differently or operating/not operating that may have changed?

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
battery probably didn't have enough charge

John a

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zb rsv
My comments about a ZB Tourer from earlier this year. What's changed ? No more Commodore.
Sounds like a normal holden dealership I ordered and got the first rsv in cairns Matt the salesman was pretty good but the rest of the sales department were pretty useless.lack of advertising by holden and a general apathy in the sales department helped kill the zb along with a hostile motoring press.the service department on the other hand couldn't do enough for me when I got an annoying rattle in the driver's door they replaced the whole door card rattle fixed.i traded a black edition sv6 to get the rsv and as good as the vf was the zb is a much better car.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
a hostile motoring press

On the contrary, the motoring press that I read were falling over themselves promoting the product (which is generally what they are paid for) and immediately about faced once the decision to stop ZB was announced.

John a

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zb rsv
VS 5.0 wheels magazine were all over it as you say when the zb was released they tested it against a stinger what a mismatch and that was the end of the love affair .nothing positive written after that. Holdens did not support this vehicle a bit of advertising to start with and then nothing it's almost as if they wanted the zb to fail. anyway that's just my opinion .

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
VS 5.0 wheels magazine were all over it as you say when the zb was released they tested it against a stinger what a mismatch and that was the end of the love affair .nothing positive written after that. Holdens did not support this vehicle a bit of advertising to start with and then nothing it's almost as if they wanted the zb to fail. anyway that's just my opinion .

Holden's advertising has been atrocious for years. Or was the lack of advertising just arrogance ?

John a

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zb rsv
The auto stop/start won't kick in if you have things like the air con on. Also it seems to depend on hard you press on the brake pedal. A light press doesn't activate the Stop/Start in my experience, whereas a firm press does..

The Stop/Start worked from day one on my RSV, so I'd say it's definitely not related to running in. By any chance is there anything you might be doing differently or operating/not operating that may have changed?
I wish I could switch the rotten thing off permantly.does anybody know how ?