Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My Omega, Looking for a few more ideas :)

Jarp

Surely You Jest
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV A6 W375
I've got some SV6 rears mufflers if ya want them....for a few bucks of course.

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
Done, thanks for that, didnt think it would be as good as it looked, unfortunately! :(

For $50 get a airhammer kit, comes with a decent POD also!

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
where in gods name can u gt a genuine airhammer kit for $50??!

I meant $50 more hahahaha, my mistake, if you are really tight on money I'd suggest lurke around on ebay, see a few cheapies pop up every once in awhile.

Ace92

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Omega
I meant $50 more hahahaha, my mistake, if you are really tight on money I'd suggest lurke around on ebay, see a few cheapies pop up every once in awhile.

Oh haha, got it now. yeah im just going off the money i got for my birthday, after the HSC (only 1 more exam to go thank ####) im definetly going to be looking for a job and then all the stuff i want for my car will flow like candy ;)

hwy747

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII Berlina 5.7L / VW Golf GTi
If you just want springs, just go to pedders or something. Spring/shock combos, I'd look a bit further into it. Do some research on how you want your car to ride, and have a think about what you want. Don't just go the ebay coilover route - they'll ride like concrete and probably crack. There's a bunch of different brands out there at a bunch of different prices - so set yourself a budget and do the best you can with it. You could probably come pretty close to your budget with King springs and Boge shocks - they'll ride better than what you have, but if you can spend a little more on the shocks, then you'll be doing yourself a favour.

+1 to Boge shocks. I had those fitted in my car and had it dropped recently and the difference is awesome. The Boge shocks actually have a decent amount of give while driving around normal city streets so you don't dislocate your spine everytime you hit a bump on the road, but then they tighten up when you come into corners. Go figure! Either way, and little more $$ for them but damn it's worth it!

UFO

I Believe
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE International Sportwagon SIDI 3L
Well, looks like im looking into some lowering places!, any suggestions, i can get up to the sydney areas, but im located about an hour south of syd at the moment

i was happy with pedders in Woden (Canberra), so if Canberra is ok to get to give them a call.

Ace92

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Omega
Bloody bad news... i cant get my car lowered nor put an exhaust on it as it will void the still intact Warranty i have on it! :( , on a bit of a better side note however, found some nice SSV Tail lights fairly cheap on EBay, keen to get them

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
If it's the manufacturer's warranty you're talking about, you won't be voiding the whole thing - just the parts that you're replacing - which will be covered by their own warranty (assuming you're getting the work done by a reputable and certified installer and the products are new).

With the exhaust - the only thing that a cat-back change affects is the cat-back - so don't stress about that one - even if you're doing it yourself with parts you've picked up from mates. The suspension gear I'd get done by pedders (or similiar) and run with that. Don't let a warranty hold you back!

Ace92

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Omega
If it's the manufacturer's warranty you're talking about, you won't be voiding the whole thing - just the parts that you're replacing - which will be covered by their own warranty (assuming you're getting the work done by a reputable and certified installer and the products are new).

With the exhaust - the only thing that a cat-back change affects is the cat-back - so don't stress about that one - even if you're doing it yourself with parts you've picked up from mates. The suspension gear I'd get done by pedders (or similiar) and run with that. Don't let a warranty hold you back!

Hmm, thats originally what i thought - about the part you replace being voided by manufacturer's warranty.. but from hearsay and family members ive heard that; for example, if something goes wrong with your engine, and youve put a different exhaust on it, then to save the manufacturer money they tend to 'blame' the problem on what you did to it to try and get away with fixing it and say 'sorry its your fault, your problem' kind of thing..