Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My Omega, Looking for a few more ideas :)

Ace92

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Omega
They have to actually prove that the modification caused the fault. I have NEVER heard of a cat-back change voiding anything.

im gonna have to look into it a bit more, possibly just a phonecall to the dealership and say blahblahblah i guess?, just went for a drive and found a automotive place not 15minutes away from me that is an authorised Pedder's dealer

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
there are blown 6.2l with cams and full on 3" zorsts and aftermarket clutches getting around, holden still seems to honour warranty in most circumstances. Even if your engine does f**k up, just take the catback off and replace to original, though honestly you'd need to be redlining the car for a good 10 minutes for that to happen lol

VTSS350

Blown VT LS1 450rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
VTLS1
Hmm, thats originally what i thought - about the part you replace being voided by manufacturer's warranty.. but from hearsay and family members ive heard that; for example, if something goes wrong with your engine, and youve put a different exhaust on it, then to save the manufacturer money they tend to 'blame' the problem on what you did to it to try and get away with fixing it and say 'sorry its your fault, your problem' kind of thing..

You said it, "hearsay"

There are some Holden/HSV dealers that will arrange to have blowers, suspensions and tunes fitted for you.
You will have no problems at all.

Ace92

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Omega
You said it, "hearsay"

There are some Holden/HSV dealers that will arrange to have blowers, suspensions and tunes fitted for you.
You will have no problems at all.

fitted maybe, but not before the warranty runs out? dunno i have to ask directly i think..

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
They'll fit them pre-deliver on new vehicles if you want them. Wouldn't stress minor mods, mate. You won't have an issue. Like I said, whatever SECTION of the factory warranty you lose, you'll gain that warranty back from the manufacturer/supplier of the aftermarket parts you're having fitted.

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
fitted maybe, but not before the warranty runs out? dunno i have to ask directly i think..

There's a dealership in melbourne that actually offers modified cars from new (including tunes) and works closely with VCM/Autotechnique down there. Most dealers will lower your new car through pedders and will fit aftermarket exhausts, wheels, suspension - pretty much anything you want. Then there's walkinshaw performance (through franchised performance centres - so all aftermarket) which offers superchargers, cams, intakes, exhausts, suspension, you name it - all under FACTORY warranty - so you've really got no issues with what you're after, mate.

UFO

I Believe
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE International Sportwagon SIDI 3L
I had my car modded pre delivery, warranty isnt an issue.
I had a body kit installed, 20" wheels, and lowered.... all pre delivery and no dramas with warranty coverage at all.
Had the option to put on an exhaust as well but didnt do it.
Long story short mods arent an issue, because dealer has to prove that the mod itself caused the fault. Very unlikely if you are using quality components.

Ace92

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Omega
good news, Supercheap auto will order in a full exhaust system (Lukey) for $600, gunning it.