Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My Omega, Looking for a few more ideas :)

Ace92

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Omega
Whats new?

Christmas has passed! whats new? well i got my G8 pontiac lip, SS-V tail lights, and im booked in for the panelbeaters (got some nasty dents from a bunch of C**s i had problems with...) who will also spray the spoiler.. but the earliest booking for 14th of feb! devo! so ive decided ill leave all my stuff off until then and then put it all on at once and itll be mint! then ill order my exhaust just before then and bam ill be a happy puppy ;)

Andrew_Guppz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Commodore International 2009
Hey ace92 that will look Good, where did you get sec tail lights from and what price? Cheers

PRAVX II S

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore
I would not even bother with a cold air intake. You wont notice any different the factory ones are pretty good.
I believe the air hammer cold air intake has a smooth pipe going to the throttle body and the factory one has a turbulent style going to the throttle body.
You need a degree turbulence in a N/A motor. Air movement in the chamber increases the flame speed.
The only time you would use a smooth pipe on a N/A car is before the maf sensor.

Ace92

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Omega
Hey ace92 that will look Good, where did you get sec tail lights from and what price? Cheers

Hey mate, i got the tail lights off Ebay, set me back about $385.. everythings pretty pricey lol.

Ace92

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Omega
Hmm, not long til the 14th of feb.. im thinking i want to get a quad-outlet exhaust system mainly for the back-end look but so far ive only found a single pipe 2.5inch Lukey made specifically for the Omega, any suggestions? yes/no to the 4 tips? any criticism appreciated.

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
Grab a system from an sv6 or SS nd bolt that up. It all fits. You just need extra hangers and rubbers and a rear bar insert from a berlina. Too easy. If you want more noise, change out the rear mufflers. You'll pick up a complete SS/sv6 system for next to nothing. By far the cheapest way to do it and will get you the quad tips you're looking for. It will flow fine for your omega and, as I said, is easy to make louder. Can even cut out crimps and the centre muffler if you want but swapping the rears for xforce, manta, etc straight through mufflers will likely be enough.

Ace92

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Omega
nice idea

Grab a system from an sv6 or SS nd bolt that up. It all fits. You just need extra hangers and rubbers and a rear bar insert from a berlina. Too easy. If you want more noise, change out the rear mufflers. You'll pick up a complete SS/sv6 system for next to nothing. By far the cheapest way to do it and will get you the quad tips you're looking for. It will flow fine for your omega and, as I said, is easy to make louder. Can even cut out crimps and the centre muffler if you want but swapping the rears for xforce, manta, etc straight through mufflers will likely be enough.

so where exactly should i be looking for an SS or SV6 system, the only one ive seen so far is on holmart or JHP (forget which one) which came to around $385 plus more if u need the rear bar coming to a total of $500ish which doesnt really seem like next to nothing to me since ill still need to buy some mufflers and i can get the full lukey system for $615, granted it is a single pipe :/