Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My Omega Mods

BigBoss

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
Just a quick update i meshed the fog lights

screenshot20110714at104.png

and installed the ssv tail lights

screenshot20110714at104.png

BigBoss

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
Just scored some VE SS rims... when i get some time and cash i will get them on

Oh n i got a new reversing camera, it looks much nicer

screenshot20110716at209.png

Last edited:

Gokz777

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE MY09.5 SV6 5sp Auto
Hey all
So a little time ago i finished the carputer this is what it looks like
img0782j.jpg

That is the custom front end software i have scripted in xcode.

img0776ol.jpg

That is how it all sits in the dash the blue thing is a Griffin Powermate

img0775x.jpg

That is OBD2 mac software called "movi"

More mods coming in the future....

my god that is ridiculously impressive. how did u manage to do that? Ive been looking for something like that to install but wasnt too keen on the ipad setup cos i couldnt source a different fascia...could you please tell me how to set up something like this? I have a VE SV6. Any help would be appreciated.

BigBoss

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
Cheers mate, the main idea behind the design was to be completely removable so it would not effect the resale. this one decision made the hole thing much simpler. when i started i had very little programming knowledge.... and i still do, so dont let that hold you back. I am however quite savvy and stupidly determined when it comes to tech. the ipad setup is good but a dedicated computer dose much much more. If you have any specific questions just ask.

westy27

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
my god that is ridiculously impressive. how did u manage to do that? Ive been looking for something like that to install but wasnt too keen on the ipad setup cos i couldnt source a different fascia...could you please tell me how to set up something like this? I have a VE SV6. Any help would be appreciated.

Stupid question but is it touchscreen ? or have to everything by that little mouse thing?

BigBoss

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
Haha, yes touch screen and that "little mouse thing" is a spin wheal (like a volume knob) used as a media controller when driving so i don't need to take my eyes off the road.

Jonno

:)
Reaction score
Members Ride
;)
not bad mate, not a huge fan of the green lights

or those rims u got it shopped with (imo they look too small on the ve)
but it could look good if it was loooooooooooooooooooow :)

BigBoss

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
Yes i understand the green lights don't please everyone but each to our own n all that i suppose, n do you really think stock VE SS rims look small? Oh and i have my reasons for not dropping her too low that shopped image is fe2 (VE SS "sports suspension").

Luke V8

AKA Luke!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Commodore SSV
install looks good mate. Pretty much agree with various comments here. Personally, i don't like the vinyl on the side, it makes the car look like it sits higher as it draws your attention to it. . if that makes sense. Also not a fan of the metal mesh. But hey - if you like then good on ya dude.

I'd be interested in seeing the reverse camera image on the screen... where did you have it installed? price?(pm if ya want)