Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My Omega Mods

BigBoss

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
Cheers for the comments Luke, the camera is a cheep one from ebay with IR LED's inside, works well enough but sometimes struggles at night with internal reflection.
the screen is a lilliput 7 inch touch screen that has a remote wire so auto turns on to the reverse camera when i flick it in to reverse. I did the complete install myself the same as most of my mods, more fun and free :) but the camera was around $30, because you have an SSV you could hook a camera up to your rear input on your head unit and run the image through your stock screen.

img0881n.jpg

Oh and thanks for that bee sting thread mine arrived in the mail today

BigBoss

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
Just in stalled my new bee sting

This is the old one
img0882h.jpg

And this is the new one
img0883iz.jpg

BigBoss

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
Haha not much really :p But interestingly enough the new one seams to have slightly better reception (this could just be in my head) and slightly differently shaped

VE4ME

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS
looking neat.... also off eBay there is a brock letterbox grill, bonnet scoop n body kits... just a thought
But overall, looking very nice, keep it up

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 SPORTSWAGON MY10 SIDI
........ not a fan of the grill, looks extreeeemly dodgy, the mesh direction isnt the same in the fog light holes compared to where the radiators is? personally id scrap that idea and get a SS SV6 body kit, and just keep it all black.
nice carputer though but your obviously obsessed with the colour green lol
SV6 SS bodykit!!!!!

BigBoss

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
Haha yep, thanks mate, my mods seem to be very polarising. If i could be bothered/justify a body kit i would think about it, but i don't see the point of making my omega look like a SS/SV6

decco

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE Calais V
Dude I'm really digging some of these mods... that carputer is sick. And personally I'm a fan of your DIY mesh grills, they look neat.

Just wondering though, did you ditch the daytime running lights when you replaced your stock headlights with the projectors? And are those projectors (the eBay item said SSV, SS, SV6) the same on the Calais?

Cheers.

BigBoss

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
Cheers mate much appreciated :)
And yes i did ditch the DRLs but then they ended up going back on lol and i doubled them up for more power!!! (they look ok)
I don't know if they are the same on the calais probs best to start a new thread