Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

my Omega S2 Ex-Copcar

jaybeez95

Speed Safely...
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE S2 Omega
I've been a member for a little while now and havn't posted any pics of my ride :) so I thought I better put it on here :).
I bought it back in March at the QFleet Police Auction for $15500, which I thought was a pretty good deal. I'm only 17 and still go to school so it serves the purpose well as a first car :)
When I first bought I was on my Learners so excuse the L plates... i got my P's now :) I am a student so mods probably wont come that quickly on a low wage :)

Model: October 2010 Commodore Omega Series II

Colour: Heron White

Engine 3.0L SIDI V6

Power: 190kw + whatever cops do :)

Mileage: 84 000km

Fuel Consumption: Best-7.6L/100 Average- 8.5L/100

Theoretical Top Speed: 237km/h (according to: 2010 HOLDEN COMMODORE OMEGA 3.0L SIDI V6 specs, photo & performance data (model for Australia ))

Theoretical Quarter Mile: 15.5 seconds (not that quick)

My Best 0-100km: 7.4 seconds (also not real quick :) )

Transmission: 6-Speed Semi-Auto

Price: $15 500

Wheels: 20x8.5 Speedy Nightrider all round on cheap tyres :)

Police Installed:
  • FE2 Suspension
  • VE LSD
  • harder metal brake pads
  • high amp alternator and second battery slot...
  • plus extra stuff I don't know... :)
Other Mods:
  • Debadged
  • 2.5" Dual Stainless Tips then upgraded to 3" Weld-On Quad Tips
  • HSV Seat Covers and Mats
Planned Mods (In Order :) )
  • Diffback Exhaust, either OPG or veexhaust on ebay do a straight thru pipe and maybe xforce cats and x-pipe
  • SSV Taillights or LED ebay ones (Whats ur opinion for white omega?)
  • Lower with SSLs on back and SLs on Front
  • Stubby Aerial
  • Walkinshaw Scoop
  • Tint
  • Fog Lights or just Led Strip in Fog Light mount
  • Airhammer CAI Kit and MACE tune if they work for 3.0L SIDI? (distant future)
Heres some pics of it stock...
DSC06426.jpgDSC06433.jpgDSC06428.jpgDSC06432.jpg

Got sick of those 2.5" dual tips so i bought some 3" quad ones to fill up the diffuser better...
2012-05-09_07-41-04_958.jpg
After enquiries at 11 different wheel and tyre joints, the best price was on ebay so i bought them for $1720 with tyres and including postage :yahoo:- they are Speedy Nightrider 20" x 8.5"
Only got em and fitted them myself this afternoon so just one dodgy pic for now :) btw I know they need lowering to look better :)
withwheels.jpg

Last edited:

itsArthurKomar

sexy beast
Reaction score
Members Ride
super awesome time machine
looks nice. as far as i know air hammer CAI's arent made for the 3.0l sidi, but mace are close to publicly releaseing an OTR for the 3.0l sidi, and the tunes are available now for the 3.0lt sidi :)

I've been a member for a little while now and havn't posted any pics of my ride :) so I thought I better put it on here :).
I bought it back in March at the QFleet Police Auction for $15500, which I thought was a pretty good deal. I'm only 17 and still go to school so it serves the purpose well as a first car :)
When I first bought I was on my Learners so excuse the L plates... i got my P's now :) I am a student so mods probably wont come that quickly on a low wage :)

Model: October 2010 Commodore Omega Series II

Colour: Heron White

Engine 3.0L SIDI V6

Power: 190kw + whatever cops do :)

Theoretical Top Speed: 237km/h (according to: 2010 HOLDEN COMMODORE OMEGA 3.0L SIDI V6 specs, photo & performance data (model for Australia ))

Theoretical Quarter Mile: 15.5 seconds (not that quick)

My Best 0-100km: 7.4 seconds (also not real quick :) )

Transmission: 6-Speed Semi-Auto

Price: $15 500

Wheels: 20x8.5 Speedy Nightrider all round on cheap tyres :)

Police Installed:
  • FE2 Suspension
  • VE LSD
  • harder metal brake pads
  • high amp alternator and second battery slot...
  • plus extra stuff I don't know... :)
Other Mods:
  • Debadged
  • 2.5" Dual Stainless Tips then upgraded to 3" Weld-On Quad Tips
  • HSV Seat Covers and Mats
Planned Mods (In Order :) )
  • Diffback Exhaust, either OPG or veexhaust on ebay do a straight thru pipe and maybe xforce cats and x-pipe
  • SSV Taillights or LED ebay ones (Whats ur opinion for white omega?)
  • Lower with SSLs on back and SLs on Front
  • Stubby Aerial, Brembo brake covers :)
  • Walkinshaw Scoop
  • Tint
  • Fog Lights or just Led Strip in Fog Light mount
  • Airhammer CAI Kit and MACE tune if they work for 3.0L SIDI? (distant future)
Heres some pics of it stock...
View attachment 146837View attachment 146839View attachment 146841View attachment 146842

Got sick of those 2.5" dual tips so i bought some 3" quad ones to fill up the diffuser better...
View attachment 146838
After enquiries at 11 different wheel and tyre joints, the best price was on ebay so i bought them for $1720 with tyres and including postage :yahoo:- they are Speedy Nightrider 20" x 8.5"
Only got em and fitted them myself this afternoon so just one dodgy pic for now :) btw I know they need lowering to look better :)
View attachment 146840

GTS-Replica

Full Members
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V International / VS GTS-R Replica!
Nice car mate! Check mine out im 15 :p

SookyTurner

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx
Sounds like a sweet car.

One thing, if the brembo covers are those plastic ones from ebay i'd avoid them :/ they look cheap and nasty. Your better if painting your callipers

Cheers

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
good pickup mate.

MikeCuzzy

Jumping puddles
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE Omega 3.6L
Nice car mate, how many kms does it have on it?

jaybeez95

Speed Safely...
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE S2 Omega
Yer i like it :) goes well for a p platers car. yeah HSV5L that Calais V is real nice, being 15 and all :) and I was toying with the idea of those ebay brembo covers, but yer ive decided its a bit rice to stick em on so theyre off my list now. And MikeCuzzy i just forgot to post kms :) it had 84 000 when i bought, but just done 90 000 service yesterday so yeah :) and thanks for the info arthur, on the CAI and tune :) i like wat u've done to ur omega too :)

jaybeez95

Speed Safely...
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE S2 Omega
I have thought about it and realized that performance mods on a 6 Is really not worth it for the amount you spend and the power you get. I will still do a diff back exhaust and ssv tail lights but springs are also on hold for the rest of the year cos I live on a dirt road and lowered on 20's doesn't really work with 3kms of dirt road. Anyway still trying to get enough money... Btw does anyone know where I can buy series 2 berlina fog lights cos I believe they fit right into the omega slots, just gotta do a bit of wiring. Tried eBay... Anywhere else...

Sly_VY

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 Series II Karma SV6 Sedan
G'day mate. How's the car treating you? Do you know if it was just an ex general duties car? We thrash ours fairly hard although they do get constantly monitored. The old commodores handle general police use so much better than the fords and aurions. In regards to berlina/equip fogs, I believe the jhp website will have what you are looking for under exterior parts. Cheers

jaybeez95

Speed Safely...
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE S2 Omega
Yer cars going good mate just finished year 12 and started an electrical apprenticeship to get a bit of cash to spend on her :p i found out that the car was a general duties car from Gatton, QLD and ive seen the replacement for it :p but no signs of wear except on the dash theres a few scratch marks from where u guys must put police equipment but its no biggie :) rito mate i'll have to check out those fogs but i was looking into a cheaper option in installing LED strips where the fog light inserts should be as like DRLs. I know how to wire it to a switch and stuff just dont know if its legal or worth fiddling with... :)