Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

my one owner 88 VL

kurnell sanders

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL 6cyl stocker
Hey guys,
I've just joined the forum and here is my VL i just bought of my Aunty. She bought it new and its just clocked 139,000 klms. it is absolutely bog stock even with the standard tape deck and two dash speakers only...I'm keeping it stock except for an immobiliser and a stereo. Cant live without tunes, the radio sucks... sounds like i have a job ahead of me fitting the stereo though. i heard they are a mongrel to do... catch you round... Kurnell Sanders...

Attachments

• VL.jpg
    VL.jpg
    210.6 KB · Views: 1,015

detox_nath83

Another VL Driver
Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Turbo Commo
Nice score man. Looks the goods..
Stereo install is easy bud.
The stock radio can be a bit of a pain from the rear fixing"security" screw.

Didn't know the multi millionaire back from the dead Colonal Sanders drove a vl

kurnell sanders

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL 6cyl stocker
Thanks mate. Yes i'm back from the dead. just been preserved by all those 11 secret herbs and spices.
As for the stereo, I've heard all sorts of horror stories about having to take out the whole dash. Maybe just give it a go as ive installed a few in my previous cars. I don't want to mess it up as the VL is a nice score and everything is like new as my auntie just drove it down to the shops and back literally.

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
wow even the stock hub caps !! I reckon its crying out for a full Walkinshaw kit.....

kurnell sanders

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL 6cyl stocker
it's staying stock. Anyway i like walkinshaws but prefer group A's . i love the Rothmans group a that raced in europe...