Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My Opel Rekord E2 Caravan @ Opel Commodore C Voyage (RUSSIA)

Circlotron

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exec 5L BT1 ex cop, ex taxi
The vn dash looks awsome the car looks similar to aero there both similar cant wait for some updates.

For non native English speakers like our friend Cjey is it probably better to say "dashboard" rather than "dash" which translates as run quickly. Also, figures of speech are often very difficult to understand too.

CJey

Reaction score
Members Ride
Opel Rekord E2 Caravan @ Commodore C Voyage
I understood that such dash. As I try to understand that remaining users write :unsure:

Photos on installation LSD

In half shafts it was necessary to replace wheel hairpins, so so disks thicker than drums. For comparison length native and new.

Have established steering system, pedal knot, ABS and the engine from Senator B. Certainly not all has risen, as native, it was necessary to finish a few fastening under a steering shaft, under the generator to undercut a longeron. But as a result all has risen perfectly :D

(Under a cowl it is painted on draft what not to reach corners more, a muzzle still partially from Rekord E)

Some more enough rare new spare parts (for our country), especially firm FOHA spoiler (from rubber) :=)

Here it is a little more from history of construction of mine Voyage, wait for continuation! :wave:

CJey

Reaction score
Members Ride
Installed rear axle (temporarily without brakes), new highways fuel and brake. Anticorrosive processing and welding too are made

Installed front suspension with brakes (Shock absorber Senator A2, рattern 5/120, spring, disk and caliper Senator B)

General view :)

Further there will be a report on a new front part, it is one of the main moments for me after which the body will turn in Commodore C Voyage :spot on:

CJey

Reaction score
Members Ride
Since the exhaust system becomes all anew, I have bought the muffler from a stainless steel in style DTM, a new muff of the cardan, new original mouldings on a pedal

Well and as promised a new front, from this point on my Opel any more Rekord E, it Commodore C Voyage! (not all steel parts are fastened completely) :bow:

Meanwhile on it all. We are engaged in body geometry, we weld that remains not welded. Wait for news, I don't say goodbye! :wave:

NickVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive A4 V8
Wow, can't wait to see this finished. It's funny looking at the images and noticing parts of the car that are the same as the Holden here. I know it is the same chassis/body but still strange to see a car from overseas look different but similar too.

CJey

Reaction score
Members Ride
There have arrived today the wheels bought in Japan.
Pontiac TA GTA 16x8J, front ЕТ16, rear ЕТ00. The weight of a disk is less 7 kg, condition almost ideal :)

The centers I think all the same to paint, color would be desirable more brightly.

CJey

Reaction score
Members Ride
Long ago I didn't write anything. Works proceed, body repair by full speed, in parallel of pleasant trifles I think. Put in wheel tires (front 205/55R16 and rear 215/55R16)

We do rear arches wider, than native since wheels come out decently

Throughout work on a rear apron and a result on wheel arches. Native repair arches were used, but we wrenched them a little outside

Since the bumper from Senator A1, it from one wheel arch to other wheel arch goes. Its ends are a part of arches (visually)

CJey

Reaction score
Members Ride
Today there was a good day because here that I did :whistling

Certainly the general height on side panels (an apron will bend with a stock) will still be corrected. Corners everywhere more correct become, everything will be welded and will take a final form. Initially it looked here so :doh: