Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My Opel Rekord E2 Caravan @ Opel Commodore C Voyage (RUSSIA)

Astranomical

Ecotec just kicked in yo
Reaction score
Members Ride
AH Astra (daily), VX Berlina, VN Calais, Mazda 626
Unrelated - I always thought it was a shame that the VN didn't end up with the digital dash from the Senator, at the same time though I can understand why they didn't go ahead with it - the VK Calais had a digital dash 4 years before the VN - and while it looked great, it was nothing but trouble.

Either way, looks like a good project, very interesting seeing all the similarities and differences between the Rekord and the early Commodores.

ajvx01

Reaction score
Members Ride
308 vc
I love the euro opels! Good to see what happens on litterally the other side of the world:)

F l a k

Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR Exec
Privet! Kak dela? (yep, that's pretty much all the Russian I know :p)

Anyway, this is a great thread mate, really interesting, especially the pics. I love what you are doing with the car :)

CJey

Reaction score
Members Ride
Opel Rekord E2 Caravan @ Commodore C Voyage
So, draft preparation of a body is ended, work on fair, with removal of all body elements began, and the problem practically with all is present :)

The panel of window wipers is altered under Commodore cowl since at a cowl of Rekord of dredging in other places and don't coincide :unsure:

CJey

Reaction score
Members Ride
The first main layer for development of defects on a body

The gasoline tank hatch from Senator B, under the factory central lock. Perfectly approached, to that I am very glad (the native hatch is smashed, and as though it is slightly less in diameter)

CJey

Reaction score
Members Ride
Meanwhile we rub clean. A lot of fuss with apertures, fanatically anti-gravel to us was filled in all

On June 9 there was a day "X" - when I after careful visual inspection told "everything, we paint!". Liquid joint filler, alignment, bla bla bla...

With a blank-end cover everything was sad, joints blows up, there a rust, it was necessary to tear off everything and on the new...
PS: an example of the most excellent condition of a front suspension - wheels it is possible to tell in ideals on arches, at completely turned out wheel anything anywhere doesn't cling ^_^

I will get drunk on pleasures today!!!
russian.gif

It is unreal cool! Words inexpressibly! Color deep and dense! It is love!!!
wub.gif

Well and now not such interesting, but not less important, for without it this Voyage - faugh! :D

I explain, if who didn't understand that here: a noise isolation on a motor board (absolutely whole, dirty), glasses and elastic bands of a luggage compartment, glass of the rear doors, elastic bands door and glass with directing (front and rear сaravan), rear belts with catches of backs and an other trifle, chrome of rear windows (baggage compartment), chrome from racks of a windshield and all doors (on a caravan) + rear handles, SEPARATE! backs (caravan), reducer of a steering of Senator A2. Deaf window leaves with elastic bands at the rear doors (caravan) and directing glasses of the rear doors didn't get to a shot

ajvx01

Reaction score
Members Ride
308 vc
I struggled to comprehend some of your English in that update but you are correct, that colour is very nice!
Great work mate:)

NickVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive A4 V8
Awesome work mate. Love the colour, very nice.