Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My Opel Rekord E2 Caravan @ Opel Commodore C Voyage (RUSSIA)

CJey

Reaction score
Members Ride
Opel Rekord E2 Caravan @ Commodore C Voyage
Will buy on a signal of a tail light the analog of P21W with the diode on 5W, chiseled bores in plafonds a little. For comparison through glass - at the left the diode lamp, a lens dissipates lighting, a radiator cold, and on the right usual P21W and to the touch the very hot

I painted a cap of valves (inscriptions I cut) and the intake manifold, a decorative cap triangular "Dual Ram" with an inscription is still completed :). At the same time I put new fuel injection nozzles

I put a windshield, a new weather strip and chrome from Senator A2

It simply I photographed steel wheels 15" that in front without problems brakes of 296 mm, light-alloy wheels 15" and brakes of 300 mm are located on a rear axle (steel not to establish, touch a brake caliper with the center)

There was the first trial driving from garage, revealed some problems in the engine - unstably works, here small video

Me asked to leave and one night departure from foreign garage where I assembled the Opel took place. Therefore roof (it is necessary to regulate now it) was quickly built and put, loaded the car all the stuff and that isn't useful more in assembly - in the Daihatsu and sent on it the father to unload in the garage. It was a pity to leave such fine place, well and what to do, everything cleaned and swept, smiled at parting to this remarkable spacious garage and went home on Opel... There was above-zero temperature and a lot of dirt)))

I started buying gradually on the engine new sensors, spare parts on the ignition system, the fuel pump (I established new, but there are suspicions that it not too well works as makes sometimes a buzzing sound and the producer not too good)

Next day all this I replaced, while on the street still warmly (+5, November). As NGK Iridium put spark plugs

The friend drew this picture, I wanted to buy new iPhone, but as a result bought the new distributor of ignition))))))))
MHTAX584cKg.jpg

Idle running became stabler, fuel consumption decreased to 1.2-1.1 l/h on the heated-up engine

Because at us 70% of a season are wet, I bought mudguards. Rigid, flat, the size just suits me.

I still didn't install the stabilizer from Senator B (28 mm) because there are no necessary details. Racks from Senator B/Omega A/Omega B, and PU picked up from Mitsubishi L200

Fixing buckles as from Mitsubishi L200

Hydraulic lifters should be taken new since preliminary treatment revealed in them failure because of what the first cylinder sometimes ceased to work. I bought all 24 pieces. Still thermostat should take new (constantly the cooling system on a big circle goes, thermostat is open always)

And meanwhile behind a window winter and snow (it about a New Year of a photo)

To go it became dangerous, constant drift))))
more accurately with a sound, problems with a microphone in phone)

Now I have a double station wagon (I established passenger sitting in-25 degrees)))

My Opel the great-grandfather toothless on classics and others Opel the grandson fashionable on a mainstream, well for fun certainly))
PS: these are Opel Omega B Caravan much likely don't know, photo of January 15

On it meanwhile everything, I in search of the good chromeplated bumpers therefore they also aren't present by car. All of good luck on roads! ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Mk2

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais S2
Great stuff mate. Is it going to be lowered at all? Even 30-40mm lower would look good.

PS: Go ahead and speak in Russian if you want. If we care enough we will translate it. :)

ajvx01

Reaction score
Members Ride
308 vc
As usual your progress looks great:)

CJey

Reaction score
Members Ride
Mk2 I will write in English as far as probably if I start writing in Russian - in general anything nobody will understand it))
It still will give, the rear precisely, in front is still unclear, but is already enough low. We have bad asphalt, too low it can't be done for everyday use :(

Thanks guys! :beer chug:

brockzila

Reaction score
Members Ride
vk calais
There have arrived today the wheels bought in Japan.
Pontiac TA GTA 16x8J, front ЕТ16, rear ЕТ00. The weight of a disk is less 7 kg, condition almost ideal :)

The centers I think all the same to paint, color would be desirable more brightly.

I thought about using these wheels im glad someone has done it nice

HAZZA-VN

Reaction score
Members Ride
BLACK VY SS :)
in soviet Russia, car drive you :)

Looks good mate good to see a wagon having some love :)

CJey

Reaction score
Members Ride
I established more decently a steering wheel from Omega A Diamant (37 cm against Senator B of 41 cm)

I go on the summer residence, periodically it is necessary to clean snow. In the winter it is impossible to live there still, in the fall of 2012 I only completed a roof

Still never I got stuck, LSD works well :w00t:

zersys

Bolt Snapper
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina Series II/BMW '02 E39 530i
Выглядит хорошо! Жаль что снег замедлил свое продвижение.