Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My Overflow hoses go no where???

jakewaze

Jakewaze
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Spack S1 Auto
Hi
My S1 VN has the overflow tank (coolant) on the right of the engine with 2 hoses coming out of it. One goes accross the top of the radiator then straight down to the ground, the other one just goes straight down. Niether conect to anything, can you please tell me where to connect one of them, the mnual doesn't say anything.

cheers

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
you have a radiator with a cap or without

SweetWagon

booosted
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina Wagon Supercharged
Without, its got the surge tank on the left instead

The surge tank on the left should have a pressure cap fitted and a hose coming off the cap leading to the overflow on the right. It is possible someone fitted it with a standard cap and reverted back to S1 style setup.

So, does yours surge tank have a cap like this fitted?

P1010071ed.jpg

jakewaze

Jakewaze
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Spack S1 Auto
The surge tank on the left should have a pressure cap fitted and a hose coming off the cap leading to the overflow on the right. It is possible someone fitted it with a standard cap and reverted back to S1 style setup.

So, does yours surge tank have a cap like this fitted?

P1010071ed.jpg

Cheers, Mine has a differnt cap on it (asian writing) with no hose fitting. I'll grab one off a wreck this weekend

SweetWagon

booosted
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina Wagon Supercharged
I believe it was a late '90 update, before the change to S2. As the original S1 setup was a fully sealed system, there is nowhere for the pressure to go.
In saying that, it is fine to leave yours how it is and remove the overflow bottle on the right altogether like the original S1's are.. But i would recommend converting to a S2 style setup with the radiator cap if you were ever to replace the radiator.

Cheers.

jakewaze

Jakewaze
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Spack S1 Auto
Thanks guys, i will just get a new cap for now so there is a bit of extra coolant in the system