Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

my pedders report hmmmmmmmmm will you guys except a check !!!

ss_ute_boi

beer-arch
Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 ss-v commodore
after many different examinations of my car and being told theres nothing wrong just general wear n tear etc was starting to think it was just me,good news is there is stuff wrong plenty infact so im not hearing things...bad news is wallet in for another thumping.

front end

needs all new bushes basically
2 new rear lower control arms
front new strutes
front srtute top plates

rear end
new shocks new springs
complete new sub frame as old one is full of stress cracks ,which was deemed as one of the main noises i was concerned about
drive shaft centre bearing completely stuffed and needs replacing

parts and labours $4480
going in on monday for centre bearing and front end and getting back end sorted out fortnights time
should feel a huge improvement in general misc noises from underneith and handling

nathanVY

such boost
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY LS1 Turbo Calais, 2005 4Gen Liberty Wagon
*cheque.

Now people know what you're on about.

Did they really say that EVERYTHING needs replacing in a 2008 commodore? (Assuming that's the car you're talking about because you didn't specify)
If that's the case, you're getting screwed. :)

edit:

forgot this one.

*accept.

HamaTime™

VIP Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
C Class AMG
Pedders Suspension reports are ####in gay...

####in end of story.

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
after many different examinations of my car and being told theres nothing wrong just general wear n tear etc was starting to think it was just me,good news is there is stuff wrong plenty infact so im not hearing things...bad news is wallet in for another thumping.

front end

front new strutes
front srtute top plates

rear end
new shocks new springs
complete new sub frame as old one is full of stress cracks ,which was deemed as one of the main noises i was concerned about

parts and labours $4480
going in on monday for centre bearing and front end and getting back end sorted out fortnights time
should feel a huge improvement in general misc noises from underneith and handling

Umm... what exactly was the noise you were hearing??

Because I'm pretty sure Pedders have simply opened a VE suspension parts catalogue and transfered it's entire contents to your report.

How many KM on your car?

I mean, seriously? A VE needing a new subframe because of stress fractures?

I recon you're being taken for a ride mate. They saw you coming a mile away, someone who is desperate for an answer to a noise.

So yeah, what exactly was the noise?

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage

front end

front new strutes
front srtute top plates

rear end
new shocks new springs

parts and labours $4480

Lucky your already a boi coz there is one other crack that will be feeling plenty of stress if you believe all that crap :butt:. Sounds to me that they have nfi what is wrong so they have decided to replace **everything**.

Reaper

nathanVY

such boost
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY LS1 Turbo Calais, 2005 4Gen Liberty Wagon
Pedders Suspension reports are ####in gay...

####in end of story.

lol-cat.jpg

ss_ute_boi

beer-arch
Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 ss-v commodore
no its a 2007 vess-v my original car was 2009 i down graded and bought a lemon thats been flogged within an inch of its life by the sounds,as as for the back sub frame they reckon the way the rear control arms are and the way the bolts have been pulled an twisted its been reversed into something, certainly wasnt what i wanted to hear...its like a squeaking or grinding of metal on metal slowing down speeding up taking off from stand still.. strute bearings collapsed,springs not seating right and general play in all the bushes tells me its been hammered by its previous owner,tailshaft centre bearing causing knocking between gears

dmacey

Somebody, make me upset
Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV Series II Sedan Manual & a VK in the build
Shafted me thinks