Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

:( .... my poor baby... hit by a truck...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emackulation

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
'92 HSV VP GTS
Tell the fookwits that it was in perfect condition before the crash. Anything that is fooked now is needed to be fixed. Maybe they done a shoitty inspection and thats why they decided to repair thinking it would cost less when in actual fact it should have been writen off?

MikesVT

M&M =D
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing :'(
I was suprised at how quickly they said it would be done as well... I think the lady at the insurance place said 15 working days :| I was expecting alot longer...

I'm not sure how much the repairs are going to cost all up... I had a talk to the assessor but he wasnt very helpful at all... Didnt even give me a full list of whats going to be replaced/repaired

And I'm definately not taking any crap from them... I'm not taking the car off their hands untill im 100% satisfied with it even if that means im without a car for longer

AttaBoy

WTF?!?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
I should be expecting almost a month for that kind of damage.

Scooter79

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Calais supercharged
I should be expecting almost a month for that kind of damage.

Exactly. I don't know too many repairers that could do that work in 15 days. Mine took the better part of 6 weeks but I was out of the country for 3 of those so my wife and I lived off one car for three weeks. On a good note we saved heaps in petrol costs.

I was suprised at how quickly they said it would be done as well... I think the lady at the insurance place said 15 working days :| I was expecting alot longer...

I'm not sure how much the repairs are going to cost all up... I had a talk to the assessor but he wasnt very helpful at all... Didnt even give me a full list of whats going to be replaced/repaired

And I'm definately not taking any crap from them... I'm not taking the car off their hands untill im 100% satisfied with it even if that means im without a car for longer

They could do it in 15 days if they had all the parts on hand ready to go but in reality parts have to be ordered which wastes time waiting on delivery. I had to wait a couple of days extra because the supplier sent the wrong remote boot switch and had the be re sent blah blah blah... Just have to play the waiting game.

A word of advice for you... screw the assessors and go talk directly to the repairers. Not once did I talk to the insurance after reporting the insurance claim. It was all through the repairer. Plus the repairer asked if I wanted a full itemised list of everything that was replaced and a full costing. A couple of times on the way home from work I'd call in to look at the car and see where they were up to and they were happy for me to do that. They even suggested a few 'under the table dealings' with the stacker and on a previous claim to repair a sill panel they sent off two alloys to be repaired at the cost of the insurer. Bottom line is try to build up a good rapport with your repairer. They'll look after you and it helps for any future incidents.

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
Scooter79 said:
Bottom line is try to build up a good rapport with your repairer. They'll look after you and it helps for any future incidents

totally agree with this comment. our family has taken our cars to one repairer on 8 seperate occasions (listed below). we always get good service and a quality result. only reason i dont have my car there now is because they were too busy and wouldnt be able to start it for 6 weeks.

ive had my car in 2 times. first was when i hit a roo and second was a car park ding (cos im a tard).

mum has had her car there 4 times. first was hail damage on her B4, second was when she was rear ended, third was when someone hit her in the side and forth was when someone hit her in the car park

my sister has been there twice. once for hail damage and once when she wanted her rear bumper repsrayed.

as i said, always helpful and always quality. my dad was actually going to hit him up for 'buy 9 and get the 10th free' cos he wants his camaro resprayed... but they wont do it :p

Mossie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Series II Executive
Hey where is the photos? im new and I cant seem to find how you view your photos, say of your "crashed" commodore.?!?! HELP

vy_storm

just another moderator...
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.users.on.net
Members Ride
VE Calais V 6L
Considering this member hasn't been active on the forum for over 12 months, I don't think you're going to get much of a reply.

Paiste402

My workin on the car face
Reaction score
Members Ride
1992 EB Fairmont Ghia
it'll buff out. and thats supposed to be dented like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.