Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

:( .... my poor baby... hit by a truck...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikesVT

M&M =D
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing :'(
Ughh....so sorry man.....It's never a good thing when a truck and a car meet, never....Dont let anybody try and give you that silver lining crap either, if she was your baby, she'll never be replaced, no matter what you buy next. You will learn to love another so to speak, but it is differant, belive me. Best of luck with the insurance, and I hope they dont screw you over.

exactly :(

Its killin me man.. Its just starting to sink in :(

Aggro_VE

The Overseer
Reaction score
Members Ride
A lazy VE
Awwwwwwwwww fark not the Calais! was a bloody nice Calais, depends on how much you have it insure for and how much it will cost to fix, I feel for you my Calais even thou looked magic when fixed, it just didnt seem right :(.. Good to see you weren't in it.

MikesVT

M&M =D
Reaction score
Members Ride
Do you know how much she is insured for?

I know where your comming from with the prefering a pay out because it just wont feel the same. If there is structural damage it will never feel like the same car.

market value

And yeah that, but even if there is no structual damage.. I'LL know, no matter how shiney and straight she is.

I hope I get a pay out, n I hope someone picks it up at an auction or something and fixes her up.... Its a real shame... It was a great car...

MikesVT

M&M =D
Reaction score
Members Ride
North Melbourne.. Just down the road from carlton...

Happend around the corner from my grandparents place.

Because my grandparents are so well known in the area, the guys who have the mechanics across the road came n called us

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
dont forget to claim the lost CDs on the other persons insurance. when you put your claim in tell them you had 10 CDs broken. if you are with NRMA ask someone at your local CD shop to do you a quote for the replacement of your damaged CDs and fax it off to them. that is, provided thay are all originals

MikesVT

M&M =D
Reaction score
Members Ride
Well I get his insurance details tomorrow, but I called my insurance and asked if cd's are covered and the lady told me up to $250 worth.

The police got involved and everything, i got the guys name address phone number licence number etc etc... I'll get my dad to sort it out...

My biggest worry at the moment is a replacement FOR NOW...Then I gotta worry about getting a new car.. Hopefully I get a pay out :(

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
you dont have a hire car policy?

thats crap, they should cover you for the replacement value. if they dont claim it on the other persons insurace.

i can let you know the process? ive just been through it (today actually) because of my damaged stilts and such

MikesVT

M&M =D
Reaction score
Members Ride
I've handed everything over to my dad to sort out.

Just having a look on car sales for some VT II / VX Calais or WH statos...

If I get about 14... I'll be stoked... add an extra 1000 of my own and I'll upgrade to a stato

And yeah it does suck about the hire car... but me being a p plater anyway... not many hire car places wanna kno me...

Maybe go to 'rent a bomb' or somethin, or see if any of my friends arent usin thier cars at the moment... arghhh

Status
Not open for further replies.