Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

:( .... my poor baby... hit by a truck...

Status
Not open for further replies.

1vngal

Reaction score
Members Ride
'Ruby' 1991 VN Exec & '98 Proton M21 Coupe
Go the statey we're looking at mike... :p

MikesVT

M&M =D
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing :'(
Nice black 1999 WH stato... Its looking good!!

Just really need to find out if It'll be a write off or not... gonna be a loooonnng 7 - 10 days

Lets hope that statey stays put!

VL Berlina 5speed

Apprentice Panel Pusher
Reaction score
Members Ride
Project VL Show car, VS Exec, VY Ute, YZ250F
geez very nasty, the structure of the rear parcel shell seams it would be damaged and the side structure under the 1/4 panel skin would be gone,

considering cost to pull and labour i reckon you will be strugerling to keep it a non write off.
the car should handle perfect when fixxed if the shop is able and has the best equipment to do it(which most are upto starnderds),

the other insurance company isnt alowed to write your car off if you want it repaired. best bet is to let her go and make way for a new baby.

good luck with it and hope it works out for you:thumbsup:

MikesVT

M&M =D
Reaction score
Members Ride
Thanks mate.. thats what I'm hoping to do...

Got my eye on that WH Stato.

Depends, I might even buy her back and stripher for parts... but if I get a decent enough pay out I'll just leave it.

The only damage seems to be whats visible... Doesnt look like theres any structual damage... But still looks bad enough to write off... I really hope they do. I have my fingers crossed

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
We had a VH once that got hit in the back about that hard and was repaired and my grandmother had a Camira that was hit MUCH much worse than that (the drivers side rear wheel was jummed up in the boot) and repaired (it was almost new) but those days are gone I think

mattman

Reaction score
Members Ride
'00 WH V6
Nasty mate!

I reckon it's a goner... My (first :p) VS took far less damage than that and was gone.... once you hit the chassis (which it looks like it has) then it's as good as gone.

And go the WH!!! Bit more on petty but dammmmmmn it's nice. If you were up this way I'd take you for a ride.

Ripcell

R8 FTW!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
324rwkw MY06 VZ R8 Maloo M6
damn man, that sucks, given it was a high hit it might not have rear rail dammage so it may be ok, but having said tho, it looks like a hard one, hopefully they can get it fixed

bad luck man

Scooter79

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Calais supercharged
If you want the payout then go for it. But don't think that it will never be the same when repaired. I added some photos of my rear ender from last year. Doesn't look as bad as yours but I still had some damage underneath. Had the back end cut out and replaced with another. All up about $10,000 worth of damage. My insurance co gave me the option of a write off or repair and I'm happy that I went with the repair. I couldn't find anything on carsales or carpoint that I was happy with. I don't want to speculate on if you'll get a payout or repair, but if your heart is with the car then don't worry about what the car will be like afterwards. BTW, I got the Eurovox replaced with a Pioneer 12 stacker for no extra cost. On the other hand you might get a payout and be able to buy it back for as little as $300 and sell it for parts on ebay.

Also you should look at your insurance policy. Always go for Agreed Value Mine's insured for $5000 more than market and only cost an extra $80 per year.

Attachments

• acco1.jpg
    acco1.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 238
  • acco3.jpg
    acco3.jpg
    306.5 KB · Views: 244

MikesVT

M&M =D
Reaction score
Members Ride
Wow.. that doesnt look too good either ey

yeahh.. in hindsight I should have gone for agreed value.. but everyone was saying jsut go market value... Also.. at $2,300 a year, I was trying to save evry last cent so..

I've found a car I'd be more than happy with, I'll call the yard up tomorrow n check it out.

If they give me the choice i'll get it written off :( Hopefully they'll give me an ok price for it...

Anyway.. comedy fest is on tv now... Maybe that'll make me feel a little better :(

craigvk

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VK 5L Calais
oh mike... this is too shocking for words.

edit, posted by Christina.

Status
Not open for further replies.