Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My Prussian Steel VF Ute SS

mrpayne

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Ute M6
Hi all, new here. Recently (October) picked up my new VF SS Manual in Prussian Steel Grey.

Coming from this big beast below, it was a fair change. Both grey utes, which is where the comparisons really end.
DMAX1_zpsa55f2060.jpg

DMAX2_zps9383a398.jpg

DMAX3_zps6bf3939a.jpg

After deciding I wasn't using the D-Max to the best of its abilities normally, I decided to move it on and get something a little more enjoyable for the daily drive duties.

Started out life as this....
SS2_zps56ab7c12.jpg

Fitted some 20" wheels and tyres (Advanti - got them cheap - heavy but seem ok)
SS1_zps339433f9.jpg

SS3_zps4885f714.jpg

Then took it down to Tekno Performance at Stapylton to get a few things done. Lowered, intake, headers, exhaust, custom dyno tune. Making 365rwhp or thereabouts (don't really care about the exact number) but absolutely transformed the way it drives. Took it out to Queensland Raceway for a bit of fun with Downshift Aus Circuit and Coffee and had a blast.
SS4_zps4d0ace4b.jpg

SS5_zps3a10242a.jpg

SS6_zps6d875982.jpg

Plans for later - not too much at this point. When I get some more $$$ together will be changing out wheels and tyres for something else, and would love a set of 18"s for track duties, as the standard wheels aren't quite doing it for me. After having driven a mates VF Maloo SV Manual with Ripshift, will probably be doing that down the track as well. Further, when I get bored with the power, will be looking at a cam, not a huge fan of the forced induction route.

That's about all for now, thanks for looking!

_Jay_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black VF Clubsport R8
Congrats on the new purchase,
Love that colour... Looks mostly steel in those pics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flyer

Reaction score
Website
www.generationdrone.com.au
Members Ride
VF SS V Redline - 2014
Very nice and congrats! Nice to see your enjoying the car the way it was intended

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
lookin' good :thumbsup:

yianni127

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS UTE
Nice. I have the same colour. What type headers and exhaust did you put in? I'm looking at the moment to upgrade. I have a VCM OTR ready to go in, but I'm just deciding on a exhaust system before I fit and dynotune.

mrpayne

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Ute M6
Hi Yianni,

I got everything done through Tekno performance, not sure if they use a branded system or just one of their own design. The exhaust tips say "Perry" on them if that means much.

Give them a call and ask for Greg, very helpful bloke.

mrpayne

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Ute M6
Now Cammed through East Coast Customs at Virginia - one of their Stage 1 Grinds - 314.5rwkw. Nice cam, decent little lump on idle, drives very very similar to stock, only a very little bit of surging etc.

Funnily enough, my car in the same state as it was dyno'd at Tekno at 362.5rwhp was showing 240rwkw on ECC Dyno, should have been closer to 270rwkw with conversion (hp -> kw) in my mind. Obviously a number of things could have contributed to that.

Money was well spent! Now need some decent tyres to try to put the extra power down.

I have also been trying to hunt down some 19" steelies, 8.5" front and 10" rears, does anyone know who does custom steelies?

kiwicon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V8 Manual
needs more tubbed lol.. were you passing that evo or was it passing you? 315kw .. nice

mrpayne

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Ute M6
I was passing him - but not quickly, it was fairly zippy. First track day after cam this weekend, cannot wait.

HamaTime™

VIP Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
C Class AMG
What was it like dealing with Tekno Performance? Look like a good bunch of guys up there.