Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My rear end isnt sitting right :)

Wozza

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR_GS commodore
Hi
Just replaced the rear spring in my VR (live axle) with FE2 springs.. before(with standard springs) it sat slightly higher on the left side by about 1.5cm, thinking the right spring had sagged more over time thought Id change them out....But after the replacing the springs its still 1.5cm higher in the left side ..WT* anything else that would cause this...... panhard bar? swaybar bush's?

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
Did you put the springs in the right way around?

Wozza

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR_GS commodore
yeah 90% sure they went in the right way...even if not both sides went in the same :) so they are both upside down or right way up.......

jas98

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore V6 S2 and a BA XR6T
my vs sedan is the same, i have no idea why!!

Wozza

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR_GS commodore
Fuel tank is 1/4 full and I have a stock spare wheel and heavy tool box ect on the left, so should be reasonably close to same load......Thinking its pan hard rod geometry related, even though its there to stop side to side movement there might be a small component of offset lift...I doubt swaybar wear would allow that big a difference in height between each side....its not a major issue just bugs me a that its not square :)

Wombles

Cars cost too much.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'72 LJ Torana, '95 VS Acclaim and V8 wagon
How about the shocks. How old are they?

Wozza

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR_GS commodore
Na shokies shouldn't really come into it as they are there only to dampen the springs compression/rebound....30k old monnro gas shocks on at the mo, they will be upgraded to shorter length ones soon, so the springs dont fall out :)

Wozza

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR_GS commodore
Ok hit google up for some answers and from what I can gather, panhard rod to short right low, panhard rod to long right high....so Ill prob throw in some new bushes and see if it changes the high low relationship between each side. If so prob slash out for adjustable panhard rod.....any suspension gurus wana throw their thought in :)

anarklov3r

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 WM Caprice
Well sagging springs = lowered pretty much. On live axle cars as soon as the car dtops you need to put in an adjustable panhard rod i believe..... Might be why its still crooked with FE2 springs as it was with sagging standard springs