Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My rear end isnt sitting right :)

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
I'd be taking a good look at the lower arms, make sure they are straight, or rather no obvious damage. Checking the bushes won't hurt either.

Mk2

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais S2
yeah 90% sure they went in the right way...even if not both sides went in the same :) so they are both upside down or right way up.......
I'd stop reading any further replies and maybe go back for a second look at that other 10%...

Wozza

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR_GS commodore
I'd stop reading any further replies and maybe go back for a second look at that other 10%...
LOL na they are in right.... the 10% is for Murphy's

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
The right way is referring to left and right, most springs are marked left and right, but I don't think the rears of a Commodore are, just the fronts.

Could be in the front springs too, a slight drop on a front spring can make the rear look down on one side.

Another thing to do that most people don't is to loosen all the control arm bolts to let the rubber bushes settle. When you lower the car, the bush is set for the original height, so once it's lowered, the bush twists. Most of the time it isn't really an issue, but it can make the car sit uneven. Not usually 1.5cm though.

Wozza

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR_GS commodore
Hi
I dropped the rear lower control arms out to clean up and check the bushes ect....as I had the same offset with the standard springs in(reason I changed them thinking the right had sagged more),Im pretty sure something else is amiss somewhere...both fronts and right rear are all now the same eyebrow height give or take 3 to 5mm
Its prob just wear and tear but there are so many points on the rear it could be anywhere...I thinking the panhard rod as it kinda makes sense if I can work out the load relationship, if its a twisting action on the axle/diff then raising the right 1/2 cm should drop the left1/2cm as it pushes the diff center-line back towards the right 1/2 cm :) just thinking out aloud ;)

some_guy

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SII Exec.
I'd still be re-checking that all 4 springs are;

a) up the right way
b) on the designated side.

I used to have the same problem, one side of the car looked lower than the other (from the front and rear) and it was due to a spring sitting up the wrong way.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Unbolt the panhard rod and take it off, if it makes no difference then it's not that.

Wozza

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR_GS commodore
Unbolt the panhard rod and take it off, if it makes no difference then it's not that.
yeah was going to try that but I think I need to get both rear wheels off the deck to take the load of the bar? only got the standard jack so no way Im getting under there just in case

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
No, there is no load on the bar, all it does is hold the diff housing straight. Just undo the nuts and pull it off.

Wozza

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR_GS commodore
ahh ok thanks will do