Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My red series 2 vu ute

maniac

Reaction score
Members Ride
vu series 2 ute
Hi all
I'm new to these forums, but i've been reading through the threads and appreciated the knowledge and ideas. Anyway i've just recently got myself a car and i thought i would see what you guys recon.

Model: 2002 series 2 vu commodore ute
Colour: Red
Km: 217000 (approximately)
Interior: Stock
Exterior: Stock
Engine: Stock
Brakes: I'm not 100% sure what is on it but it has slotted disks on the front
Transmission: Manual :yahoo:

DSC00383.jpgDSC00391.jpgDSC00384.jpgDSC00393.jpgDSC00385.jpgDSC00389.jpg

So as you can see its almost 100% stock! It has a very straight body and has been well looked after. My plans for it at the moment, while i'm on my p's is to have a clean all rounder that looks mint! i'm interested to hear your opinions.

Last edited:

Husky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII L67 Berlina Wagon and VEIISSV M6 Sportswagon
Looks like a good start, although the red holdens of this era fade bad. most of the panels would probably look alright after a good polish, But I would respray the front bumper. Also you should track done some fog lights to fill the awful wholes in the bumper where they should be, even if the wiring isn't there it'll look better.

maniac

Reaction score
Members Ride
vu series 2 ute
Yeah it is pretty faded, i have buffed it up a bit since i took these photo's but it is far from perfect, I think i will get a full respray sometime next year. And yeah i'm definitely getting some fog lights!

kangavxss

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VX SS
Looks good. A good wash, clay bar and a proper cut n polish (professionally done) would probably be all you need apart from repaint the front bumper. A
full respray will cost you thousands (over 5 grand at least) for a reasonable job unless you can do the prep work..

D

devilly

i would go to autobarn with the paint code and get the paint matched,agree with the fog lights would make it look heaps better,i would paint the bottom line of whole car in stone guard then pick a kewl colour to paint over it,and fix the drivers door speaker cover,and eucalyptus oil on a wet rag works wonders on windscreens.