Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My Ride VXII Berlina LS1

VYMAD

SILVERFOX
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY EXECUTIVE S2
Nice ride, I'd leave the FE2 though. IMO doesn't need to bottom out on every driveway/speed bump.

hwy747

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII Berlina 5.7L / VW Golf GTi
Update ...

Update 5/4/10
Alloy OTRCAI - check
Side Engine covers - check
Dash lighting conversion from Phreddy - check
POD Filter in the trash - CHECK!!!

As for the kit and badging that no one here seems to like....my opinion.... I always liked the VX Clubsport, so by the time I am finished it will be a damn good looking replica/clone without the insurance premiums that come with "HSV" built cars. Everyone has opinion, that is mine. If you don't agree, thats fine, but it isn't your car sooo :whistling

Anyhoo ... here are some pictures of where I am at now ....

P4051188copy.jpg

P3271215.jpg

P3271202.jpg

P3271190.jpg

NVMYVT

Reaction score
Members Ride
04 vz clubsport, 6L M6
mate this thing is sweet, love the idea of the stato seats, might have to nab that one, as for the bodykit, it's like you said each to their own and it aint their own car

any updates, you done the kit yet?

hwy747

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hey thanks mate, I am pretty happy with how the interior has come together! The seats are so much more comfortable than the standard Berlina seats! The bodykit....well I have it all pieced together now, just have to get it sprayed and fitted. I have gradually gotten the pieces for the kit one by one, ended up paying a few hundred $$ for a full genuine kit over the past few months. Much cheaper way of doing it!

hwy747

Reaction score
Members Ride
Nice ride man! I love love love the dash light conversion Ive seen a few cars on this forum had done like you have. How much was the conversion? Would def be interested in getting that done to my SS...

To be honest mine was a fair bit more expensive than yours would be because I have the 3 window dash and climate control screen etc. My suggestion would be to check out the website from the dude who did it for me. He is based at Penrith and does an awesome job. Have a look at the link below, Greg's (Phreddy) contact details are on the website. Welcome to ASR Audio & Electronics Home Page

tigass

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss commodore series 2
How hard was it to setup the WH front seats in your car ?

hwy747

Reaction score
Members Ride
How hard was it to setup the WH front seats in your car ?

I had to get an auto sparky to wire it up! Unfortunately the drivers side seat is from a Caprice with the memory so the plug and wiring is completely different. To get power to the passengers seat, I spliced into the power for the drivers seat and run wires under the carpet. That was the easy part! Other than the wiring, they just bolt straight in!

Really nice car mate, the wh interior is awesome, was it much stuffing around with the back seat? And were the back door trims a perfect fit or did you have to modify them?

Oh yeah, slaaaammmmm her on some rims:spot on:

Thanks dude. The back seat needed to be retrimmed at the side to cover the holes for the seatbelt and increase the size of the side slightly to reach the sides. As for the rear door trims, they are identical. They did have additional trim pieces that fit in the WH between the edge of the door and the rear seat which I just didn't use so they got binned!!