Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My Ride vy ss

Fresh SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS+Turbo
Hell yeah heaps different i recon it sounds like a diffilipo system tbh. Just a nice little rumble cruising around town, but when you open it up well. they hear you coming :)

I got new leads (MSD 8.5) and i gota say they have made a BIG difference! Car runs so much smother through the rev range and feels like it pulls harder. The stock leads looked like they had better days though.

Fresh SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS+Turbo
Well i bit the bullet and doing some work to it. Shes booked in on the 14th

VCM12 Cam
3,000rmp lock up converter
OTR
Springs
Pushrods
Double row timing chain
Mafless tune
Shave the heads (Still deciding)

Hoping for 270rwkw fingers crossed!

Fresh SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS+Turbo
Well got the car back today she made 270rwkws and pretty happy with the result.. I have been told my car is overcammed atm so shes ready when the heads,intake and TB go on... Let the saving begin all over again lol

FA-77-VY

Trav
Reaction score
Members Ride
vy s pack & vs s pac ute
hey man nice car. sounds like it would go hard wsh i could get a ss.wats wrong with ur gaurds??

Fresh SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS+Turbo
Here are some better pictures ive taken with my
I-Phone the car is going back for another Cam some time early next year the tuner isn't happy with the vcm cam
IMG_0022.jpg
IMG_0023.jpg
IMG_0024.jpg
IMG_0025.jpg

Fresh SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS+Turbo
hey mate your car sounded tuff as last night, wish my car had that lumpy idle :rockon:

Thanks dude! I pray to god this other cam is just as lumpy! i found some youtube vids of the car on the Dyno...

YouTube - Independent Motorsports Dyno Run LS1 VCM7 Camshaft/3000 Stall Converter With Cam

YouTube - INDEPENDENT MOTORSPORTS ON THE DYNO VY SS AUTO Maff Tune Just Maf tune

Edit: Just Spoke to Stathi and the cam is a Comp Cam 224/288 unfortunely it will be less lumpy (Bugger!) , but give better exelleration

http://www.compcams.com/Cam_Specs/CamDetails.aspx?csid=1088&sb=0 I belive these are the specs of the new cam going in

Last edited:

GTS007

Reaction score
Members Ride
1988 VL SS GROUP A
nice ss mate! good to see ya striving to make it what you want from it.
cheers scotty

Fresh SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS+Turbo
Update!

Been a while since i posted on here, but thought id let yas know whats been going on with the car lets just say things have changed quite a bit :rofl2:

The VCM Cam is gone and standard cam is back in and attached to the side of the engine is a Borgwarner Custom S300sx Turbo :whistling

Here are some pics for your enjoyment

enginebay.jpg

exhaut.jpg

front.jpg

headertank.jpg

heatshield.jpg

mycar.jpg

turbomanafold.jpg

undercar.jpg

All work was performed by Independant Motorsports including turbo manifold all Pipework/Exhaust and fabricating from scratch!!

Here is a youtube vid of the car on the dyno for its first time YouTube - LS1Turbo
The stock A4 tranny was slipping quite a bit we did manage a best of 338rwkw @7 pounds before we had to stop in fear of the auto stopping altogether.
We did a little bit of road testing and it only lasted a day and the auto let go so everything has come to a halt untill mid january (Tranny builder back from holidays)

Here is a list of extra bits to compliment the turbo that were added
Full boost is achieved at 2800rpm.
IMS Turbo Kit Breakdown:
- 65lb IMS High Flow Injectors
- Tial 45mm Wastegate
- 300x600x80mm Intercooler
- Walbro Fuel Pump
- Borg Warner S300 Turbocharger
- IMS Alum High Flow Fuel Rails
- Alloy Header Tank
- 2 Bar Custom Operating System with Mafless Tune
- 3" Alloy Intercooler Piping
- 4" Alloy Intake with large pod filter
- 2 1/2" Cross over pipe
3 1/2" dump off turbo into twin 4" hi-flow cats & back into twin 3"
- 1 3/4" Turbo Manifold

Also if you want to see more photos of the build become a fan INDEPENDENT MOTORSPORTS | Facebook
You can also watch the progress of my car from there.