Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My ride..

Dann3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
1990 VN Commodore
Hey peoples I've just joined n wanna show off my 1990 VN, She maybe old but I reckon she's beautiful lol (n yeah yeah I know the VN's aint exactly tha most popular of the Commodore family but with what I've done to her she drives like a dream n I'm more than happy with her)... When I first saw her she looked sad n forgotten and was just begging me to show her some love n attention. She was sitting in my sisters best friends back yard, she had grass growing up to her door handles n had little trees growing outta tha sill along the top of the boot (along the rear windscreen). Well she's come along way since then I've basically rebuilt her from the ground up, suspension completely overhauled lowered with heavy duty "King Springs" renewed tha steering n brakes etc.. Altho' her donk is still completely original n stock as a rock I've slapped on a 2.5' Cat' back sports exhaust with one of them "Caliber" pod filters to make her growl (I know not all of you will agree with this but it's what I wanted) I'm yet to buy a replacement donk then re-work the original motor (to keep all the original numbers etc..). I've re-done the interior in a red velvet with black spiders n web print on the door inserts and roof linning got a red "Calibre" sports wheel n a set of red Monza racing seats (with a cd player that lights up red)... Yes she's red hahaha :)...
I've also done a bit of customising on her exterior I've slapped on a set of AMG Spider mag wheels (well that's what I was told they were ??) with a set of Nakara Deestone's, I've fabricated my own design front bar slapped on a set of VT SS side skirts (still in the process of fabricating a rear bar to suit the VT SS skirts) she's got an original VN SS bob tail (minus the side pieces, I didn't like them) (n yes its original it's made of rubber n not fibreglass) I wanted something different so I slapped on a Talon Rear wing over the VN SS bob tail (chopped the stands to lower it) for that double tail look n Im currently looking for a Torana A9X style bonnet scoup (or a lower style VK scoup)... She still needs a respray n Im planning on a blood red with a black pearl...
Well anyways I guess Id better show ya's some pic's.. let me know what ya's think...

Attachments

• 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    171.9 KB · Views: 328
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    158.6 KB · Views: 328
  • 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    181.1 KB · Views: 332
  • 13.jpg
    13.jpg
    188.6 KB · Views: 364
  • 18.jpg
    18.jpg
    194.8 KB · Views: 342
  • 14.jpg
    14.jpg
    157.2 KB · Views: 313
  • 15.jpg
    15.jpg
    131.6 KB · Views: 341
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    412.1 KB · Views: 335

sawychri06

Reaction score
Members Ride
d22 navara
good on you for making it your own style. But my eyes are burning sorry :/

Qorx

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VY Series II Ute
Eyes are burning. You should make the car mint.

1.) Repainted.
2.) Remove that spoiler.
3.) Re-do the interior black.
4.) Get some nice clean wheels.
5.) Lower it on some new Coilovers, it will be perfect.
6.) Do some basic engine mods to improve some performance.

None the less, good luck!

HERONVY

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY2 SS
I like the kit , but it would look 1000000x better if you got rid of that spoiler, the stickers, all badges, removed the black strips and filled them + repainted, retrimmed the interior to calm it down a bit, fitted some wide deep dish 18s and dumped it on all 4s

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2

mr calais 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy s 2003
Love the red paint mate just not the spoiler and sun shade on the rear window

badegg

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive Wagon
Love the front bar, but have to agree with the others about the interior and that spoiler...

having said that, its your car so as long as you love it who cares?

Dann3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
1990 VN Commodore
Thanks for tha feed back :) By "spoiler" do ya's mean tha Talon rear wing ?? I happen to like it so I guess it stays lol (maybe raise it alil' who knows).. I am however lookin for a new set of rims maybe 17" dunno yet not too sure bout fatties as the rear guards mightn't house em 'cos of tha flat tops and it's already lowered dont want it any lower I already have probs' goin up n down some driveways in town n speed bumps are a pain in tha ass (or the exhaust hahaha), Ive recently purchased 4ltrs of my blood red n 2ltrs of black pearl is next then anotha 4ltrs of clear (with white unda coat of course lol) it'll be re-sprayed after the body work's done n Ive finished the rear bar and my engine plans have come to fruition, no point re-sprayin then tryna slap tha worked engine in it with out damaging the fresh paint.. Im plannin on a stg 3 cam stg 3 bore roller rockers maybe shave n port tha heads with a twin throttle body manifold and a set of Genie extractors and of course tha transmission is gettin re-placed with new. Ive been told to whack a supercharger on it aswell (apparently it'll give me 550 horses with a fully blown donk ??? but I say "yeah maybe but how long will she last ??") As for tha interior yeah I agree with yas I wanna get it re-upholstered black (changin tha grey vynil) but I also wanna keep my red velvet inserts n roof linning with all tha spiders, Tha "flamin skull sticker disappeared months ago n when she gets tha fresh paint no stickers are gettin put back on and tha side badges will disappear aswell n tha black stripes will be sprayed red, my skirts will be red also except for tha tiny wing on the underside of em they'll go black.. Oh n I put the rear louver on it cos I got sick of replacin my speakers they melt in tha hot sun it'll be sprayed black with tha high gloss finish... All in all yeah she's my ride n yeah I love her (dont every one love their pride n joy lmao :D) Im just glad to share her with ya's n get some feed back... Oh n Im wanting get alil' signage on the rear drivers side of the VN SS bob tail "Seeing Red Again.." HAHAHAH..

BrokWoods

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SV6 Ute
I had VX S pac rims on my VN looked good but when i did stato conversion i scored some Stato rims.

I am not a big an of the interior or body kit , as long as you like it who cares

Keep it up never let others influence your choice in the car bro :D I didn't and now i get heaps of compliments man :)

Brok.