Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My S-Pack system

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
Yeah the Jaycar amps are alright, have read a lot of good and bad feedback. But their 100WRMSx4 amp costs $349.

Instead I would go for a JBL GTO75.4 - 4 Channel Amplifier. Only costs an extra $50 but I would take JBL over Jaycar any day, plus if you walk into a store you can achieve good discounts.

Ryda Car Audio - JBL GTO75.4 - 4 Channel Amplifier($394.95)

Most manufacturers bring out new lines constantly so if you just wait and observe you can pick up discontinued lines (which are just as good) or ex-demo gear really cheap, plus you still get a warranty.

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
Bezz has found you a winner. Probably aren't going to beat that price.

HamaTime™

VIP Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
C Class AMG
thats allright, although there is one going on ebay for $150

what about Bezz's eclipse amp? that seems sweet?

bezz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK
Jaycar will give you good power for your dollar, whereas the Eclipse has less power with a greater emphasis on sound quality. If you were to run the eclipse i'd recommend grabbing a mono aswell for your sub/s. I used to run my boston splits off that amp, definitely went very loud with a lot of clarity. They did however run at 3 ohm.

HamaTime™

VIP Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
C Class AMG
Well i already have the cadence one to run the sub man so the eclipse would be just to run the front splits and rear 6"s

what you think?

bezz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK
In that case, the eclipse would be ample to run those speakers mate.

Just remember power output isnt everything, the speakers i ran off it were rated to 120w rms. Instead of bridging the amp to run in 2ch mode and make more power I opted to run the tweeters off the front channels and woofers off the rear channels, just fed the same signal in with an rca splitter. Gave me much greater tunability as I was able to control the gain on front channels and rear channels independently, which resulted in a much better sounding system.

Also remember that the magnitude of power (measured in dB) is logarithmic. This means you would essentially require 10x the power output to double perceived volume. So the difference between a 45w rms output and a 100w rms output isnt actually that great afterall. Hope I haven't confused you.

HamaTime™

VIP Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
C Class AMG
thats cool mate.

I'll get in touch with you by PM in the next 2-3 days if thats cool. Just got a hectic next 2 days at uni that I want to concentrate on...haha

bezz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK
lol you and me both mate... damn procrastination