Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My S1 Berlina V6

anton1o

[GMHVN6]
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN 6 Berlina '90
*shreds a tear*

Looks exactly like mine :D

Apoc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN-Series I-6-90
"The welch plugs are all corroded which is a pain!" - Shortstuff

Dude id shop around for this one when u get it done (maybe youll do it yourself i dunno).

When i got my welsh plugs done i had just a wee bit of a difference in prices.
I think there is like 8 or 10 welsh plugs in total so heres some prices (from memory, and no ****...)

1. 1200 to do all welsh plugs (thats what i paid for the car)
2. 900 to do all welsh plugs (getting warmer)
3. 400 to do the 6, one on each cylinder as the other ones seemed fine according to this dude,

So i had this done (#3) not a drop from it since ive spotted some of the other plugs while doin stuff and they dont look anything like the other ones did. Yes i know that they should all be done at once but if i get another year out of them b4 they blow i might feel like paying 1200 for them all to get done.

It does look pretty damn tidy to dude, mine had busted passenger front qaurter panel and paint of the bumper bar nearly identical k's though :)

Apoc out.

Shortstuff

Random
Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 Golf GTI PP
I got quoted $80 to do the one that's leaking. That's not too bad as i'll probably do the others myself over a few weekends. Thanks for that though. It gives me an idea of prices if I run out of time or motivation!

Next on the list of things to do is the wiper assembly as the driver's side wiper sometimes moves on the spline and goes off the windscreen.

Hopefully there will be a few more external mods going on soon, so if anyone from the forum sees the car they may actually recognise it, instead of it just blending in with all the other imperial blue VNs round here :p

Thanks for all the comments :thumbsup: I'll keep updating as anything is changed on the car.

Last edited:

Shortstuff

Random
Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 Golf GTI PP
I finally gave up on trying to get a pair of Lexcen tail lights and went for these instead. I'm happy with them and think they tidy up the rear end nicely. Next on the list is smoothing and colour coding the boot garnish.

RJV947001.jpg

Last edited: