Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My S1 Berlina V6

Shortstuff

Random
Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 Golf GTI PP
I've posted pics of various bits of my car that have gone wrong, but only one of the whole thing so I thought it's about time I did that!

I bought it cheap off eBay but had to spend loads getting the mechanical side up to scratch. It's still not quite right yet, but getting closer. The body is pretty good with just one small spot of rust on the roof and a scrape on the drivers side corner of the front bar. I've got a feeling it's been painted quite recently. It's got tints, but not very dark and the one on the rear screen is very slightly damaged. I'm getting that re-done at some point but probably not going any darker.

Once it's running right i'll start on a few subtle mods. I've already put an L2 instrument cluster with VS dials and a set of moulded boot carpets in but yet to start on any bigger mods.First will be the suspension and a set of alloy wheels for it, then possibly an SS bodykit (with the front skirt and the lower part of the rear skirt textured and sprayed grey so it still looks fairly close to how it does now, just a bit chunkier) although i'm undecided on that. I think VE Berlina badges will be going on and the other badges being removed though.

I want to polish up some bits around the engine bay, but i'm not going to go mad under the bonnet as I don't want to spend all my time cleaning around the engine!!

Image001.jpg

Image011.jpg

Image001-1.jpg

Image000.jpg

Last edited:

calais_cruzin

Calais_Rattling....
Reaction score
Members Ride
92 VP Calais 3.8
Geez thats looks to be in really good nic (exterior)
How much u pic her up of ebay if u dont mind me askin....
Did u have to spend much to get her on the road....
Always liked that colour blue, i had a vn with a blue very similar but with metalic flakes....
I recon colour code the garnish as the black dont look any good on any commie to start wif....

But besides that looks like u got ur self a preety shmick berlina....

Once she is a bit lower and sum mags she will be a looker....

Keep us posted on the mods.

Have a good one...

Shortstuff

Random
Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 Golf GTI PP
Thanks! I got her for $1300 and then spent about $900 - $1000 for the roadworthy and a few other bits and pieces on top of that. There's still some minor work to do until i'm totally happy with it mechanically. The welch plugs are all corroded which is a pain!

I definately agree about the garnish. I'm going to get another one from the wreckers and paint it up to see if I like it. I tried photoshopping it, but couldn't really get a good idea of what it would look like. Best to see it in the flesh to decide I think.

All the mods I did to my previous cars have been OEM+ style, so that's what i'm going to try on this and see how it goes.

Last edited:

Shortstuff

Random
Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 Golf GTI PP
Here are a few interior shots. It's all pretty clean inside, but standard apart from the instrument cluster. I don't think i'll be doing much inside in the way of mods.

Image008-1.jpg

Image007-1.jpg

Image009-1.jpg

Excuse the VW keyring! It's the only one I could find after we moved out here and I haven't found another one I like yet!!!

calais_cruzin

Calais_Rattling....
Reaction score
Members Ride
92 VP Calais 3.8
Nice interior too....Luv those seat i wish my vn had those....

Least u got a LV2 cluster mine didnt have the tacho.....

237XXX not too bad on the kms aswell my odd stoped at 224 2 weeks after buyin it, i got rid of it at ruffly 340 and still went harder than the vp...

U gotcha self a good buy on that one for sure....

Shortstuff

Random
Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 Golf GTI PP
Looking at the pics just now I noticed that i've got lumbar adjustment on the front seats. Never knew that.

This is going to stay as my daily driver and that VW keyring will eventually be treated to a set of keys for a MK2 Golf 20valve turbo.

I thought about an L3 cluster and there was one in the wreckers near me for $60 but I couldn't be bothered to muck about with all the wiring at the time. Maybe at some point i'll do that along with cruise control.

Shortstuff

Random
Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 Golf GTI PP
It's a VN cluster with VS faces :D I really didn't like the VN faces as I thought they looked dated compared to the rest of the interior so I grabbed a VS cluster at the same time as getting the VN one and swapped the faces over.

Shortstuff

Random
Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 Golf GTI PP
Just thought i'd put up a new pic of the front. I bought a letterbox grille from Warney on here and spent some time yesterday painting it up. Fitted it this morning and i'm pretty pleased with how it looks. The paint came out really well too.

Image017-3.jpg