Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My S2 Berlina

DUK13Y

When in doubt, slide it out
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VEII SSV, VYII Berlina, '97 Lancer
Really hoping it's not a write off but all I can do is wait and see. Won't get inspected for about 2-3 days apparently so going to be stressing until I hear from them. Will hopefully be using a preferred mechanic too so if it isn't written off, it'll be fixed properly. Lucky no body damage apart from the mud guard that was pulled off when it was dragged onto the back of the tow truck.

Missed the dog and the bloody thing scarpered away before I got out of the car after I hit the gutter. Would have been nice to take it to the owner and say they can pay my excess now.

DUK13Y

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
Here are some pics. Sorry for bad quality.

IMG_0043-3.jpg

IMG_0042-2.jpg

IMG_0041-1.jpg

DUK13Y

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
Spoke to the mechanic today and he said there's about $3000 of parts damages so far with maybe more when its put on the hoist. They were having trouble getting it on the hoist too because of the rear tyre no longer being on the car. He's pretty confident it's not a write off though as commodores are getting harder and harder to write off because of the new laws to stop rebirthing. So any commodore written off can not be re-registered again, thus being sold for bugger all at the auctions making it not worth it for the insurer to write it off. Good news for me and the mechanic but not so much my wallet with the $1600 excess and pending trip overseas later in the year. We're just awaiting approval from AAMI now and should hopefully know in a few days.

More pics:
IMG_0044.jpg

IMG_0063.jpg

IMG_0066.jpg

IMG_0064.jpg

IMG_0068.jpg

IMG_0067.jpg

TMM

OEM+
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina S2
Lesson learnt, don't swerve for anything smaller then a horse, just jump on the brakes and pray.

On the bright side, there's no panel damage? that's incredibly lucky!

DUK13Y

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
Yeah I will not be swerving again. I don't think normally I would but being about 2am and seeing the black object at the last second, brain just did natural response of to try and avoid.

Yeah no panel damage at all. However if it were up to the towie, the rear bar would be sitting next to the car rather than on it. Missed absolutely everything. Side skirts, rear bar, even the mudflaps remained intact (for the most part).

kory

xXHolden4LifeXx
Reaction score
Members Ride
vs v8 5 speed spak
lol its bad enough when people put chev badges on there ls1 ls2 ls3.but to put it on a ecotech v6 is just plain gay.sorry no offense.

Essassin

Bends spacetime
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Wagon, E36 318is Coupe
While I share your stance on Chev badges, digging up this thread just to make that comment is also pretty gay.

BR01WN

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 vz sv6 manual
Hy mate just would like to know how you changed your dash lights to blue
As I want to do the same
Thing to my
Vz?

TMM

OEM+
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina S2
Hy mate just would like to know how you changed your dash lights to blue
As I want to do the same
Thing to my
Vz?
Whole thing has to be disassembled and all LEDs desoldered/replaced. Very technical (and expensive if you don't know how to do it yourself) exercise.