Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My series 1 vs Calais

rossdogg

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais S1 95
Name: nathan

Model: VS Series 1 Calais

Year: 1995

Color: Originally green over silver, now black with green flakes in the clear

Kms: Chassis - 37x’xxx. Engine – 40’000.

Engine: VS 3.8L Ecotec V6. 69mm throttle body. CAI. Top Gun Pro Series Racing Red 10mm spark plug leads. NGK Iridium spark plugs. The engine was built by spencer race engines in Victoria, the block was acid dipped, re bored and honed, decked to square, stage 3 cam. Nuline engine pulleys. 60mm dual core alloy radiator.

Exhaust: Pacemaker Extractors Into twin 100cpi 2.5” hi-flow cat convertor. Custom twin 2-1/2" stainless steel exhaust into 3" before the diff with twin 3" dump tips.

Transmission: Converted to T5 by previous owner, after getting it i got the suitable computer and mecmal to suit the cam.

Differential: vt ss lsd.

Suspension: Superlow King Springs in the front. Equivalent to Ultralow pedders springs in the rear. Monroe GT Sport short travel shock absorbers. Ultima lowered struts to suit 20" rims. Full body Nolathane bush's.

Wheels: Genuine Ve supersports, federal front tyres, cheap **** rears.

Interior: VY ss blue leather seats front and rear.

Stereo: Kenwood headunit.

Exterior: For the most part Debadged. Osram blue headlight globes, Altezza Tail lights. Red mesh in front grill and bumper. 5% dark window tint on the rear, 15% on the front.

Other Modifications: nil

Future Modifications: MSD ignition coils, supercharged injectors and fuel pump, white line strut brace and a drop tank. Possibly a sound system

image.jpg3.jpg

image.jpg2.jpg

image.jpg1.jpg

Was this 3 years ago
image.jpg1_1.jpg

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
Wheels suit the car I like

rossdogg

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais S1 95
Thanks! Yeah I had 20" VY sigs colour coded to the car on it but I had supersports once before and getting rid of them was the worst idea ever, so my tax money got me another set! And I've just got a white line strut brace and went with mace ignition coils. Spent 4.5 hours last weekend getting it ready for a local car show that was today/tomorrow and I'll upload some pics tomorrow or Monday

rossdogg

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais S1 95
These are of the Monday before the car show after 4.5 hours of intensive polishing
image_2.jpeg

image_1.jpeg

image.jpeg

image_3.jpeg

I dunno why but I'm seriously contemplating swapping the supersports for a set of matt black fr20's

rossdogg

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais S1 95
Forgot to mention I got the whiteline strut brace, mace coils and picked up a Philips HID kit off a mate for $100 that he had only had for 12 months and it retails for like $800. Only took about an hour to fit