Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My Set Up - Is it Alright

S

Slip

My Set Up - Is it Alright + wat type of capacitor do u recomend.

Hey
I am Just installing a New Audio Setup in my 1990 VN Exec, it consists of a JVC EXAD Touch Screen, Alpine R-Type 6.5' Splits in the front of the front door. Alpine S-Type 6' in the back of the front door, 2 Alpine R-Type 12' Subs in a double box, And an Alpine V12 990watt Amp To drive the two Subs Only.
Is it alright, i will post photos when i have finished installing everything.
I will also be adding later on, anouther V12 Amp so the subs can ahve an amp each and a Fusion Capacitor(i think thats what theyre called my mind has just gone blank) The speakers run of the head unti but that may change later on.
Plz let me know what you think.
Late Peoplz ;)

Also i need to know wat type of capcitor i should get.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing
Sounds alright.

But does it *sound* alright to you?

VXWAGMAN

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Series 2 V8 Berlina Wagon A4
You looking for an opinion or just seeking some envy? lol..

the only sound system that is good for you is the one that you think sounds good to you. With car sound it all comes down to what brands you have tried and like the best. Personally I like kicker subs because i've had them before.

S

Slip

Thanks

I am seeing what other people reckon, i have no idea as i have not installed it yet and i should have it in soon. So i was just seeing if any one had heard of anouther set up like it, Im not trying to get anyone to envy me cuz it didnt come easy its taken some hard saving to get this and i just wanted to know if people thought that i had a good setup, thats all so any other opinions would be appreciated
Lateskies.

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing
Well I'd want another amp to power the splits if it was mine, just something small.

And I'd probably be chasing different subs, but I'm sure they will be fine.

I don't know about the headunit though, but thats just me not liking JVC headunits.

S

Slip

Whats wrong with the Subs, and im not sure about an amp for the splits cuz a mate put an amp on splits and he keeps blowin the little component speakers, and ive never had trouble JVC head unbtits, i had one before this one but it was a cheapie an thern i got some more money and i upgraded to the exad touchscreen, but everyone has different experiances and opinions i spose, By the way wats ure set up.

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing
Theres nothing wrong with the subs- I'd just choose something different.

I was running an Alpine MP3 headunit - 4x 6" coax and 2x 12" fusion subs, powered by a fusion powerplant amp. Would love to get some splits and an amp to keep them clear but some dodgy prick stole my headunit. So at the moment I've got nothing.

S

Slip

Man that must suck, I HATE :ranting: People that steal, sorry to herar about it. I installed the subs yesterday and they go like a trojan, man all i can hear is bass. But thats cuz i only had one 6" speaker but i got anouther one in now and it sounds super sweet, still waitin for 6.5" pods and then ill put in the type r 6.5" splits and then i should be in heaven.

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
For starters champ what V12? If I were you i'd get some mono-blocks onto the subs, rather then a 2/4 channel.
AirStrike :air:

S

Slip

Hey dude yerr its a V12501 or something and yerr its a mono one i made sure of that, i will have some photos soon so yall can see.
Anyone who reads this post what you have in ure car and tell me wat you think of it,what you like about it and what you dont, i love hearing about other peoples sound system and what they think of their own and other peoples.