Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My Set Up - Is it Alright

skarekrow

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Ute M6
Hey man, your setup sounds pretty well thought out. i've got a panasonic head unit, some 6" JL VR 600 splits, a pair of pioneer coaxials in the back, a Coustic 12" sub and an Axis 4 channel amp running the sub and splits and it sounds great- a good balance. not too much bass cos i hate the doof doof guys getting around in their four cylinder stereos. but i'm a fan of the JVC head units, i had one originally till it was stolen. good features on them, and simple to use.
yours should give u years of happy listening, till u decide to upgrade....

S

Slip

Thanks Bro. Yerr i like my system too. i never heard any of the components before except the subs cuz our car audio store is pretty crap in moree. Thanks for tellin me wat ure system is too, sounds like its good and you seem to love it too which is the main thing.
Late Bro

Plz people. Tell me in this thread what ytou have in ure car and wat u think of it as well.
Lateskies :wave:

S

Slip

HELLO EVERYONE
PLEASE post what car audio you have and what you think of it.
I really want to know.

MasterOfReality

Miners go deeper
Reaction score
Members Ride
2019 LC Sahara TTDV8, 1991 VP Calais V8
Just a question,

Did you buy Alpine speakers because you liked the sound of them, or did you buy them because they were "Alpine"?

In my opinion, there are better sounding speakers than Alpine for the same money (eg Focal), but its up to the individual in the end.

I have a small V12 (50x4) running my Focal splits and sub, and I had problems with the tweeter straight away. Got a replacement tweeter and things have been fine since. People probably blow tweeters while setting gains.

Rears are 6 inch Pioneer coaxs running off a Pioneer 2 channel amp and the sub is a Pioneer 10" free air.

Headunit is an old Pioneer which will make way for an Alpine headunit soon (CDA-9831)

S

Slip

True Mate

Yerr i only bought them i spose cuz they were alpine, you see where i come from is a country town where car moding is only just starting. Our auto sound joint is "Auto Touch Ups West" and he only has Alpine S-Type speakers on display. I bought a 6" pair and i liked them. So when i went to go the whole way with the sound system i went with the r-type splits, which i havnt got in yet but they will be soon. With the subs and the amp one of my mates have 2 12" r-type 1ohm and i loved them he has the same amp just its the model before. But in Moree the main brands to choose from is, Kenwood, Pioneer, Sony, Panasonic, Alpine, Fusion, Rockford Forscape(But he rareley gets them in because he charges wayyyyyy tooo much) \, DLS, and DNA. Im not too sure but i think we might be able to get clarion as well im not too sure. With the fusion he can really only get the subs because thats all he ever has in there.
With my head unit i used to have the old kl455 or sumptin like that but it was definately 455 and it was only a basic MP3 player. i loved it, it served me well so i thought no reason but to upgrade to the EXAD touch screen which i love but am thinking that maybe half way through the year i might upgrade again to the EXAD Colour screen or a good Alpine, that way my whole system is Alpine, but im not sure i want to go some where i can listen to a heap first thats all. Do you know any good online sites.
Thanks Mate, so bout the long reply.
Late

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
My system consists of the following:
Alpine CDA-9827 MP3 Headunit
Alpine Type-S 6-1/2" Splits

Prob in about 2-3 weeks some Type-S 6-1/2" 2-ways are going in the back along with a MRV-F340 4-channel

Then once I have saved more $$$ 2xType-S 4 Ohm 12" Subs are going in running MRD-M501 Mono Blocks

AirStrike :air:

S

Slip

Sounds good, i have some alpine 6" s-type 2ways and i love them.
How much you payin for the subs bro. My mate went to brisbane last weekend and picked up 1 12" alpine s-type and a double box(cuz he already had 12" s-type sub for $250 i thought that was an excellent price.
I also had a look at ure car and not bad i must say. I will have some pics of mine up soon though its pretty dodgy and needs a wash BAD. But i reckon in a couple of monts or about a year you should have that car NICE if you plan to keep it for a while.
Thanks for postin ya setup dude, and to all that read tell me what ures have, go ahead BRAG about them, it dont worry me i LOVE readin what use all have.
Late Bro

S

Slip

Wat type of capacitor would suit

I am going to get a capacitor soon but am unsure of wat type to get, can anyone give me their veiws on which way they would go.

C

clinker1212

Slip said:
Whats wrong with the Subs, and im not sure about an amp for the splits cuz a mate put an amp on splits and he keeps blowin the little component speakers, and ive never had trouble JVC head unbtits, i had one before this one but it was a cheapie an thern i got some more money and i upgraded to the exad touchscreen, but everyone has different experiances and opinions i spose, By the way wats ure set up.

Would a high pass capacitor prevent this from happening? By the way, what speaker type are you looking at setting up with a capacitor? There are probably some built into your amp for the subs.

S

Slip

Well all the speakers are running of the head unit. the only things running of the amp are the subs. I dont fully inderstand what u r asking but i think i have answered it. i figured the headunit would run the type-s 6" 2way and the 6.5" type-r splits. Im not sure though if you think i should get an amp for them let me know.