Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

my sound system plans, what do u think?

phat_com

VR IS A BEAST WITH NEW V6
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR s2 Acclaim/VK IS GONE :(
hi guys,
i am starting to put together my sound system for my vk. I have got pioneer 6X9's for the rear and pioneer 6" front speakers.
i just want to know what sub/s you think i should get. i am thinking 1 or 2 12" subs.
i will post pictures when i install it all (i am doing a custom install on all my stuff minus the H/U)

here are some pics of what i have now (googled pictures)

My 6X9 speakers (280w)(i think)
bluestreak6x9.jpg.w300h225.jpg

IMGP0916.JPG

and my 6" speakers (260w)
716053_7.jpg

i am thinking of getting a Pioneer DEH-P5850MP head unit.
Pio%20DEHP5850MP.jpg

tell me what you think?

253@7k

300rwhp supra. yay.
Reaction score
Members Ride
TT Supra/HZ Ute.
Looks good, should be nice and loud. Just one thing though, I would ditch the 6x9's if your getting subs. It will sound clearer and the bass will be better, I would replace them with another set of 6" speakers.

BigDaz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais
yeh if your got subs u dont need 6x9's. i run 6x9's in mine but a dont have the money for 6''s atm. having 2 subs doesnt give much more bass than 1 sub but ppl get 2 alot of the time just for looks. As for what subs to look at buyin, all depends on your price range. Sub(s) and amp to run them can cost anything from $400 to $2000. obviously u can spend alot more but unless ur goin competition $1500 would get u sumthin plenty good.

semi

GOD
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR exec wagon
Might be easier to tell you what sort of subs to get if you give us a budget, and maybe musical tastes