Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

my ss pops out of reverse

paul boehm

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx ss
when i put my car in reverse if i hold it in its fine but if i put it in and let go it pops strait out everything else works fine just that help please

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Is it fitted with a reverse lockout solenoid, on the external top rear left side of the box, immediately next to the shift lever cover. (Don't confuse it with the speed sensor, which is below it about half way down the side of the rear extension) It's held in with one bolt. If there is any fault with the solenoid, it could be jamming or sticking and preventing reverse from fully selecting. Try removing the solenoid, then seeing if the gear will select more fully. Test the solenolid to see if it is moving freely for the full distance that it should.

paul boehm

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx ss
Hey mate do I check that from in car or underneath cause box still in car thank u so much

Slowvxss

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vxss
Is it fitted with a reverse lockout solenoid, on the external top rear left side of the box, immediately next to the shift lever cover. (Don't confuse it with the speed sensor, which is below it about half way down the side of the rear extension) It's held in with one bolt. If there is any fault with the solenoid, it could be jamming or sticking and preventing reverse from fully selecting. Try removing the solenoid, then seeing if the gear will select more fully. Test the solenolid to see if it is moving freely for the full distance that it should.

Nice work calaber second last post.

https://forums.justcommodores.com.au/threads/ss-6-speed-reverse-popping-out.72111/

Tonner Matt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 1 Tonner LS1 M6

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Someone call security lol, I thought I did mention his name sorry about that thanks for pointing it out, see if you search above in the little box you to can find your answers some times just like slowvxss did. Great write up calaber back in 2008. Please forgive me it was almost 2am in the morning.

Tonner Matt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 1 Tonner LS1 M6
Please forgive me it was almost 2am in the morning.

Seriously......….Who gives a rats arse what time it was
Copying and pasting another forum members post without giving them credit is weak as piss

Last edited:

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
And I don't give a flying fark what you think, as long as the person who needs help gets the help they need, fark me I didn't think this was a competition its about giving someone a helping hand, who cares if I only know 80%, If you don't like it read on.