Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My SSV with a LSA Supercharger and my introduction

RedHot SSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV S2
Time for a change on the look of the car. I got a yellow sticker not long ago for having whitewalls on the car, so I had to get new tyres to pass the pits and now the Simmons rims do not look as good without the whitewall tyres. I'm looking at a set of Koya's or Vertini's at this stage. Sucks about the yellow though, car has passed the pits and yellow is now off.

MrBags

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z SERIES
I am a fan of Koya rims, I had SF11's on my WM.
Caprice.jpg

Mike Litherous

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE ssv
Simmons will look nice without whitewalls IMO. Maybe consider going 19” with more sidewall as tyres will have more grip to harness all that engine power.

With grip, it will be even more fun than watching girls finger each other on the internet.

RedHot SSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV S2
Simmons will look nice without whitewalls IMO. Maybe consider going 19” with more sidewall as tyres will have more grip to harness all that engine power.

With grip, it will be even more fun than watching girls finger each other on the internet.

They do look good without the whitewalls, I guess I can't get use to it. True on the grip, need every bit I can get.

dimetime

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve calais 6lt
They look good, I'm leaning towards to Koya. The local wheel shop also recommended NVeus but I haven't really heard of them.
they are copys of the vertini rf 1.1s, the vertini, so id consider those

vr304

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 ssv manual
Just curious as to why they stickered you for white walled tyres?? Seems a bit Ott rediculous to me

RedHot SSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV S2
Just curious as to why they stickered you for white walled tyres?? Seems a bit Ott rediculous to me
When the whitewall is applied it puts a groove in the side wall of the tyre to create a smooth surface so the paint can be applied, in Western Australia that's illegal and has been since 2006. I didn't know that. They say it reduces the integrity of the tyre side wall, plus the tyre writing on the side wall must not be ground down. No matter what I was getting a sticker for the white walls and the police officer was adamant about that.