Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My stock 04 VY exec

VyBabe

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Executive
Hey Guys,

Thought id try my luck on here with you all.

Im wanting to start mods on my baby, iv had him for just over 6 months now and all iv done is remover the mud flaps and taken the plastic thing off the window.

It was an ex cop car so its still got the chip. Im bringing my baby to melb on the 5th of June in the hope of finding some nice wheels and maybe a body kit if i can get it all done in a week.

If you have any ideas please let me know as i am now ready to say

I NEED HELP!!!!

Attachments

• DSC00074.jpg
    DSC00074.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 184

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
body kit, i like the genuine ss kits, wheels is personal preferance, but an 18 or 19 inch suit them nicely,

dont want to hurt your feelings but, ex cop cars are stock as a rock tune wise, just has the 9c1 pack, so electric windows and the like

VyBabe

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Executive
Iv been having a look around and now just need to know what a fair price would be and exactly what i need.... I hope you can help.

Air filter, exhaust and extractours, suspention (lowered).
Im also wanting to put in a factory cd stacker as i dont want to play with the interiour to much just a boot instal.

I just dont know where to start.

VyBabe

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Executive
body kit, i like the genuine ss kits, wheels is personal preferance, but an 18 or 19 inch suit them nicely,

dont want to hurt your feelings but, ex cop cars are stock as a rock tune wise, just has the 9c1 pack, so electric windows and the like

Thanx for that mate, as you can probably tell i dont know to much so just goin off what i gettin told hmm lame i know.

How much would a genuine ss kit set me back? do they come already sprayed? I dont know what i should be gettin for my money.

DUK13Y

When in doubt, slide it out
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VEII SSV, VYII Berlina, '97 Lancer
Iv been having a look around and now just need to know what a fair price would be and exactly what i need.... I hope you can help.

Air filter, exhaust and extractours, suspention (lowered).
Im also wanting to put in a factory cd stacker as i dont want to play with the interiour to much just a boot instal.

I just dont know where to start.

Well here are some ballpark prices:

Air filter
- K&N = $95
- Lukey = $65
Exhaust
- Single 2.5" = $175-$350
- Standard twin 2.25" SS exhaust = $250
Headers
- Pacemaker = $400
Suspension
- Lowered on Kingsprings+camber kit+shortened shocks = $900
Stereo
- Factory 6 stacker = $100-$250
- Boot install = $300 (all depending on what you want)
Bodykit
- Genuine SS kit = $1100
- Painting = $1000-$2000

You'll want to get the RCA inputs done so you can amp you boot install. Phreddy on this forum does this. Ebay is always a good place to look for parts cheap. Hope that helps a bit.

VyBabe

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Executive
Thanx for that mate :) now do you think it is possable that i could get it done in a week?? just a guess? i can prob find some places in melb to do it. Thinkin exhaust, air filter and if i can find suspention on ebay that i can pick up ill be doin that as well.

DUK13Y

When in doubt, slide it out
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VEII SSV, VYII Berlina, '97 Lancer
You should be able to get your exhaust, headers, filter, cd stacker and suspension done in the single week but count out the bodykit and painting.
That'll take a while. You can do the catback, filter and cd stacker yourself pretty easily. Just 4 bolts for the exhaust, the filter is as simple as undoing the airbox and replacing the filter and the cd stacker will be pretty easy. Just have to remember what plugs into what as I'm pretty sure the plugs will be the same. The hardest part of the will be getting it out without the special tools.

Headers you should probably get a shop to do and if you're unsure about the stacker, get an auto shop to do that too.