Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My sweet new ride

maldotcom2

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cammed mafless VS Calais 5-speed.
Sup guys

Just picked up this VL for $500 as a run around car for now, but i'll probably turn it into a mean project car once i'm not so strapped for cash.

4268untitled.JPG

The main problem is when I do fishies, the back end has too much roll so i'm thinking I might have to cut some coils off the springs to help keep it a bit more straight. How many coils should I cut and what do you guys do about tire scrub? Or maybe just take the springs out completely as im going for the dumped look.

It needs some repair work in the passenger side rear where I accidentally drifted it into a post (Private property). Unfortunately the only panel I could find was red so i'll have to use that. I can't afford to respray it.

Up coming mods:

Pair of 19" chromies for the front as I dont think 20's will fit?
Probably some black stockies for the rear. (Anyone got any cheap tires?)
Pull over NOS seat covers
Holden sticker for the front windscreen
Blue Walkinshaw body kit. I'll probably just screw it in.
4" tacho
I want to turbo it but I can only afford the intercooler at the moment so i'll stick that in now.

My bro came over and welded my diff so I have better control in private property drifting. Is MIG welding supposed to have lots of wire sticking out of the join? He said thats normal.

r_i_d_a_h

Reaction score
Members Ride
'97 VS Commodore + '98 E36
lol. trollyalater.

somefool

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
1991 VN 'S', 1997 Ford Laser 1.6
yeah the wire sticking out of the MIG weld join is a sign of a good strong weld, the more wire that you see, the stronger it will be.