Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My Torana Rebuild

383 hatch

Reaction score
Members Ride
VG Ute 5.0,Torana hatch 383,WB Ute 5.0,VR stato5.0
Well i had a spare couple of hours today, as we came to a bit of a stand still with the HR waiting for steel.

So, i cut the dash out of the LX front cut. It came out fairly easy actually, wasn't very hard at all. Pleased to say, there is 0 rust in it also. It has some surface rust on the inside, but i've already cleaned and painted it.

I got my rocker covers too. Sexy times.

Pics:

Dash cut out
IMGP2967600x450.jpg

Rocker covers
IMGP2965600x450.jpg

IMGP2966600x450.jpg

Sooo, black crinkle manifold or silver?

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Well i had a spare couple of hours today, as we came to a bit of a stand still with the HR waiting for steel.

So, i cut the dash out of the LX front cut. It came out fairly easy actually, wasn't very hard at all. Pleased to say, there is 0 rust in it also. It has some surface rust on the inside, but i've already cleaned and painted it.

I got my rocker covers too. Sexy times.

Pics:

Dash cut out
IMGP2967600x450.jpg

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. Do you know how much crap I went thru to fit a UC dash to a LH??? Stick with what you have, fit a SL/E cluster and epic win :thumbsup:

Rocker covers
IMGP2965600x450.jpg

IMGP2966600x450.jpg

Sooo, black crinkle manifold or silver?

Yes - looking the goods :)

Reaper

383 hatch

Reaction score
Members Ride
VG Ute 5.0,Torana hatch 383,WB Ute 5.0,VR stato5.0
LOL, sorry Reaper. I knew you'd be disappointed about the dash conversion. I'm doing it for 2 reasons: 1 I don't want the car to look like it's a mixture of parts (I know that sounds wierd as it's still a UC) but i want it all to look like it was always an LX hatch. I want it to all look factory. (that's not to say i'm going to turn around and try and pass it off as being an LX, as it's not and never will be) 2: You just can't beat the SL/R cluster....IMO (obviously that's the key here).

yZoH

//There Ain't No Rest For The Wicked...
Reaction score
Website
www.lolwut.com
Members Ride
(0.o')
UA078frm.jpg

HOLDEN-LX-TORANA-SS-A9X.jpg

????

mr j-man

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E 355
nice workmanship bv6! my pop is a retired panelbeater of 30yrs he did his time through the late 50's through to late 80's....alot of hands on skills with no bog at all back then!
good to see you take alot of pride and perfection in what u do!
when i was looking at the rearend conversion pics where the rear wraps around to the quarters........
was it an illusion or was there a bit of sinkback in the panel where it was welded??
if so what do you do when it comes to counteract it???
keep up the good work...lookin foward to the updates