Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

MY VC 5L and Ecotec V6 VK, Both manual!

EcotecVK

Building it now...!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VK EXEC 3.8L - VB SL/E 4.2L3 - VC SL/E 5L 4 spd
Ho do you chuck photos up on here?
Will do when i know how!

Well, My VK simple really, funny story though. VK got regency defected 4 years ago, 2 weeks later my mate bought his VS. I always wanted to put VS V6 and 5 speed into it, and his car would be a perfect donor (5 Speed, no airbags e.t.c.)

So anyway, over the last 4 years the VS evenually got damaged a few tiomes, then bent then sent to regency, and ironically enough (Cause we had joked about it in past) it nded up becoming a donor for my VK Lol.

It is easy ish. VN K frame bolts into VK, Ecotec and its Engine mounts bolt into VN K frame. Vl Steering rack and Intermediate shaft bolt to VK Column and VN K Frame, and tie in to VK Steering. VL Fueltank/pump is plenty, and wires easy to the VS Wiring (all commo fuel pumps have purple for +ve black for -ve). Gearbox crossmember i'm yet to deal with, but a friend owns a urethane buisiness so i'll prob modify the VK's old 4 speeds crossmember, and get him to make me a custom rubber. Tailshaft will prob be a combination of VN/VL/VK somehow, worst case it goes to Hardy Splicer for a custom one.

The VC was a bargain, 116,000 K's on the odometer, 4 speed manual 5 Litre for a grand. Got it for a grand cause everyone thought it had to go over regency cause it was Vic Rego'd, and the last owner just needed it gone. Since i bought it (bout 3 years ago now) i have changed the gearboc to another aussie (Which has been dead for about a year no lol, miss driving the 5L) and replaced the old Salisbury 10 bolt with a VL Turbo diff, re painted it, re trimmed the Interior from that shitty Blue colour with new Velour tan Roof trim, and am about 85% through fitting all of this interior(Just collecting some more bits) that came from my VB SL/E (RIP, stupid ols bat ran a stop sign) (The roof trim is brand new, got it re done, fitted it myself though)

Other things like a VH/VK Brock cold air intake, Edelbrock air filter (Yay chrome bits) amd chrome rocker covers. Haven't done much performNCE Wise, she has Hi Tech Exractors to a 2.5" straight through system, and sounds nice. Plan for this is once the VK is on the road with the V6, to pull the 5L Out of the VC and put one fo the crated 350 Chev blocks, and a Tremac T56 6 speed, and ford 9 inch diff (Lined up already!), but replace the cam and rocker gear e.t.c. with a decent setup, a bit of head work e.t.c, hoping for the 5 to 6 hundred hp mark, so will prob get the Chassis done too.

Anyway, until i know how to add photos, enjoy!

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
edit your post, click go advanced, then scroll past the post text box and look for "manage attatchments", you can upload pics there, or host them somewhere like photobucket and link to them

graham7773

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Acclaim Wagon
I know this is an old thread but how did you handle the wiring and computer problems?