Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My Vc Wagon.....

GypsyNz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy Wagon Ls1 & Vn Wagon
Well the wagon had a bit of an identity change today, she became a taxi:lmao:
Picture475.jpg

Well anyways just been sorting panels & finding the best fit, i found that the Vc door's have the hole's & mounting points for the slide locks & central locking motor. Just had to drill the 1 hole for the wiring to go through which was easy, i'm happy with the panel gaps & fitment of the passenger panels.
Picture473.jpg
Picture472.jpg
Picture471.jpg

I got that drivers front door today & it's not to bad, i'm 50/50 on it. The rear one seems to line up quite good, i'm being a real fussy bugger coz i want it right. Got another drivers guard to pick up at some stage soon & if it fit's better i'll use that, the blue one's not bad but yeah fussy as lol. Will start getting some dollars together to get some fisholene & a underseal gun so i can blast it in the inner sills, once that's done i can finish that rust repair on that sill. Will get some primer soon to & strip the new panels back & get them in primer so yeah a bit more progress:thumbsup:

GypsyNz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy Wagon Ls1 & Vn Wagon
Haven't got much done in the last few days, garage was getting way to full of stuff lol so i'm having a massive clean up out there. Will give me some more room when i'm done so that's a bonus plus be easier later on to, insurance company's putting a new concrete pad under the garage at some point as it's sunk 150 mil front to back in the quakes over here. Never bothered me as everything rolls that way so easy to find lol, should get that all finished today.
Hoping to get some supplies this week to so i can get a fair whack done, sold some bit's so once the cash comes in it'll be mission on. Get that lower sill finished & as you'd expect the cracks in the floor on the drivers side where the seat bolts up to fix as well, once that's done i'll be stripping the new panel's & get them in primer. Thinking i might get her certified after Christmas & put a few k's on her & see if any gremlins pop up lol

GypsyNz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy Wagon Ls1 & Vn Wagon
Well getting a bit done, sanding sanding & more sanding lol. Got the passenger front guard half done today, sheds been like an oven today so didn't do a lot. Done most of the passenger front door the other day, just got the bottom to strip back. Will get both panels all done over the weekend.......
Picture486.jpg

Picture490.jpg
Picture491.jpg

Just put a coat of etch over it, stuff bites in good & gives a good bass for the primer. Been no bog or previous repairs on these panels so far either which is a true bonus.......

GypsyNz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy Wagon Ls1 & Vn Wagon
After 4 hours of sanding the front guards done, no bog on it which is good. Have to weld up the hole at the top where the Vk piller chrome clicked in but apart from that shes sweet, few coats of primer & block her back . Still got the bottom of that door to finish but not doing that at pres, sheds like an oven so time for a break i reckon lol
Picture495.jpg
Picture492.jpg

GypsyNz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy Wagon Ls1 & Vn Wagon
Welded up that hole in the guard & finished that today, l/f doors nearly finished. Finished bare metaling that this arvo, those factory holes are welded up. Put a skim of bog over top so that's tomorrows job, also welded in the center dash mount so i can bolt that in. Once i get some supplies i'll do that lower sill, just watching some stuff on auction over here for her so have held fire getting what i need to do that yet.....
Picture502.jpg
Picture499.jpg
Picture503.jpg

Last edited:

GypsyNz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy Wagon Ls1 & Vn Wagon
Haven't done nothing today so far but i did win the the items i was after online & for a good price to, got a set of dobi rear springs for $40. Unsure what they are but measurement wise sounded good, standard height is 360mm & the ones i've bought are 320mm so hope that bring's her down where i want her. Also won off the same guy a Nolathane Adjustable Panhard Bar, scored that for $70 so i'm happy as with those scores, pick them up Wednesday. Get a set of shortened shocks for the rear & that's that done, i've already got new bushes sitting here i got on auction as well:thumbsup:
242737236.jpg

GypsyNz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy Wagon Ls1 & Vn Wagon
Picked up my springs & panhard bar, will chuck them in tomorrow & see how she sits. Compared to a standard set of Vl springs she should come down quite well, guy said the car they came off sat real low so here's hoping lol
Picture508.jpg

GypsyNz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy Wagon Ls1 & Vn Wagon
Well just tried those springs in, the ones i compared them with i thought were standard Vl ones but they sure werent. Pulled the springs out of the Vc & these new ones are way shorter, might be to low yet i'm not sure. Looks good were it's sitting but it will drop more over night, if it is to low i'll try the springs i used to compare with the new ones as they'll lower her quite a bit to. Decisions decisions lol, another thing i could & might do is get some 60 series tires for the rear instead of the 55's. I'll figure it i no that much, one thing i found when i put the new springs in was the petrol tank i put in's leaking round the return line which p'd me off. So looks like a new tank will be coming, bloody gremlins grrrrrrr.........
Picture511.jpg
Picture515.jpg
Picture516.jpg

GypsyNz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy Wagon Ls1 & Vn Wagon
Well got the superlows out of the Vs struts & fitted them, i'll leave it over night to settle but i don't think it's low enough yet. Looks a hell of a lot better than it did though, anyways here's some pics.....
Before....
Picture521.jpg

After....
Picture527.jpg
Picture528.jpg

chrisso 82

Reaction score
Members Ride
VB commodore
Looks good mate nice stance remember u still have the interior to go in ........ Like my car mate added about 60kg worth of timber and stereo gear in the boot which dropped mine even more......