Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My Vc Wagon.....

GypsyNz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy Wagon Ls1 & Vn Wagon
Cheers & yeah she'll soon drop when all that goes in, well i'd say i can tick lowering off the list now......

chrisso 82

Reaction score
Members Ride
VB commodore
Yeah mate sure can tick that one off!!!! But i bet u would rather that list be a lot shorter .....
At least ur hookin in mate and are always workin on it!!!!!!

GypsyNz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy Wagon Ls1 & Vn Wagon
Yeah that never ending list, i was going to get it certified after christmas & put some k's on it but found out once i turbo it it will have to be certified again which i aren't about to do. I think it's round $350 to get them done over here so after hearing that she'll be a long ways off hitting the road, i'll basically finish getting it in primer & all back together & then start saving some dollars. I'd say to do a basic turbo system will cost about a grand over here, that's steam tube mainfold & a cheap turbo. So i'd say by next christmas touch wood she should be on the road, be well worth the wait :thumbsup:

GypsyNz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy Wagon Ls1 & Vn Wagon
Doing a bit on the old girl today, made a start on the r/f guard. Stripped a good hunk of it back to bare metal, couple of small dents i soon took care of. Put some etch over it & a coat of primer, with a block back she'll come up mint. Not doing the hole guard today, i so hate sanding lol but least that's a start. Got a drivers door to pick up on Wednesday to so touch wood that lines up sweet, not sure how much more i'll get done before Christmas but i'll go till i run out of materials pretty much. Time to start sorting Christmas or the Mr's will shoot me lol:thumbsup:
Picture530.jpg
Picture529.jpg
Picture531.jpg

GypsyNz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy Wagon Ls1 & Vn Wagon
Been sorting out the fuel tank today, went & bought a car one as got told they fit which as i thought was wrong. The tanks are way different, worked out good though. I had an old tank here from a daily i sold, it used to gurgle all the time no matter how much fuel was in it. Was told they do this if they have a broken return line in the tank, well got my trusty torch out & had a bloody good look in the tank & seen nothing broken so replaced all the breather pipes & blew everything out to make sure it's clear. Found there's a difference with the length of the main pipes on the in-tank fuel pump to, i'd been using one quite a bit shorter. It's definitely a wagon pump but not sure on why the length difference, i chucked the longer one i had in. It had run out of fuel yet the tank still had over 20 litres in the old tank when i pulled it out so i'd say that length issue was why. A trap for people to check if ever replacing an in-tank pump. Anyways after all that hit the key & away she went with no gurgles from the tank, touch wood no more gremlins lol
Bought some more bit's of the guy i got the tank from to, going back out after xmas for more. Hes reasonable on his prices so work's well, bought another instrument cluster off the guy for $10. Will do until i get a Calais one down the track a tad, looks better in there than the original. I so hated that blue criss cross crap lol....:yeah:
Picture538.jpg
Picture540.jpg

GypsyNz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy Wagon Ls1 & Vn Wagon
Well not much of an update but just at the paint shop & picked this up to make my life so much easier, better than 2 old bar stools lol......
Picture568.jpg

This wasn't the reason i went there though,i decided on a colour scheme for her for now. I had a go on that photoshop to try out what i was thinking & i reckon it should look quite good. Just done it on an old pic i had......
Conceptpic.jpg

I'm getting the white paint matched up at pres. Pick that up next week & will have a look through some paint charts to find a dark silver/ gunmetal grey for the lower sections. Just going to get basic black for the top of the door frames, so yeah the painting mission will begin some stage soon:thumbsup:

HAZZA-VN

Reaction score
Members Ride
BLACK VY SS :)
Been sorting out the fuel tank today, went & bought a car one as got told they fit which as i thought was wrong. The tanks are way different, worked out good though. I had an old tank here from a daily i sold, it used to gurgle all the time no matter how much fuel was in it. Was told they do this if they have a broken return line in the tank, well got my trusty torch out & had a bloody good look in the tank & seen nothing broken so replaced all the breather pipes & blew everything out to make sure it's clear. Found there's a difference with the length of the main pipes on the in-tank fuel pump to, i'd been using one quite a bit shorter. It's definitely a wagon pump but not sure on why the length difference, i chucked the longer one i had in. It had run out of fuel yet the tank still had over 20 litres in the old tank when i pulled it out so i'd say that length issue was why. A trap for people to check if ever replacing an in-tank pump. Anyways after all that hit the key & away she went with no gurgles from the tank, touch wood no more gremlins lol
Bought some more bit's of the guy i got the tank from to, going back out after xmas for more. Hes reasonable on his prices so work's well, bought another instrument cluster off the guy for $10. Will do until i get a Calais one down the track a tad, looks better in there than the original. I so hated that blue criss cross crap lol....:yeah:
Picture538.jpg
Picture540.jpg

Don't mean to be nasty but i think there was a reason the cluster got taken out it looks ummm bad? each to there own. your doing a good job on everything else but that kinda ruins it

GypsyNz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy Wagon Ls1 & Vn Wagon
I'm with you on that, it's already history lol. Was an impulse buy i thought looked good at the time but the more i seen it in the shed the more i thought nah, got the original back in there now. Will get a Calais one down the track for it:thumbsup:

HAZZA-VN

Reaction score
Members Ride
BLACK VY SS :)
Cool. Yeah its not a hsv. Belongs on a Xb falcon someone did a great flame job know in the early 80s haha

Last edited: