Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My Vc Wagon.....

GypsyNz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy Wagon Ls1 & Vn Wagon
Well got the parts wagon stripped, it's off to the knackers yard tomorrow. I'm rapt with the bonnet off it, best Vk bonnet i've ever come across. Got a few goody's off it that will come in handy, what i'm not using i've put on an auction site over here. Starting to make some coin off it already so that's a bonus, next mission is to clean up the shed so i can get back into the Vc.....
Will be updates coming in the next day or so, if the good weather keeps up there'll be some big progress coming:thumbsup:

GypsyNz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy Wagon Ls1 & Vn Wagon
Well haven't done much on the old girl in the last couple of days, got rid of the Vk wreck on Thursday. Got put onto a guy wrecking out a Vk wagon yesterday so went round & got a heap of stuff off that, good straight passenger guard on her at last. Gave the guy $40 & he said take what you want so the Vs was pretty full when i left lol.
One thing i found when putting both front guard's on was Holden's build quality, the 2 pics of the section between the windscreen rubber & the guard show how different they were side to side. I had to carefully grind about 3 mill out of the driver's side to line the guard up, fitted perfectly after that. Not sure if i'll use the driver's side guard yet, it's not bad but i'm fussy so will see on that lol.
Got another wagon coming in to wreck out to, a Vl. Need a fuel tank & a few other bit's so i thought stuff it why not, done some serious greasing with the mr's & got the ok lol. With that i'll have everything to get this running again, will take a while yet but progress is progress:thumbsup:
Picture383.jpg
Picture384.jpg
Picture385.jpg
Picture382.jpg

And yes i still need to get a drivers side headlight, place over here selling new for $80 each so might get a set at some stage...

GypsyNz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy Wagon Ls1 & Vn Wagon
Well i got busy this morning, bolted the front end up as it was only sitting in there then thought stuff it why stop there. So thought i'd trial fit the engine, went in sweet but it's going to be a nightmare getting it in there for good without scratching the paint when i top coat it. She's tight round the firewall, i'd say i'll unbolt the motor from the trans once i make up a cross member & leave the trans in place. The joy's of doing some jobs by yourself, now she's in there i'll sort out the wiring etc & get it all set up. I've got an idea in my head for the trans cross member so will see if that works in reality lol, well here's a few pics.......
Picture386.jpg
Picture387.jpg
Picture388.jpg
Picture389.jpg

I've also started getting all the wiring etc set up in side, peddle box is all bolted up etc so getting there slowly. Got a Vl wagon coming some time soon to wreck out so will come in handy if i need to figure anything out, took a heap of pics before i pulled it apart though so should be good.....
Picture393.jpg

GypsyNz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy Wagon Ls1 & Vn Wagon
Well been messing round here this morning, thought i might as well pull the screen out as will be trying to sort the top edge of the dash so i can get a windscreen rubber in there. Was pleased to see no rust around it, got the Vk windscreen rubber off the wreck for it. I reckon the only proper way to sort this dash top will be to trim that top edge & get an upholstery shop to recover the dash. Do it in vinyl or suede, i no this much i'm seeing dollar signs flashing there lol. I'll have to have a ring around & see what i'm in for........
Picture396.jpg
Picture398.jpg
Picture397.jpg

GypsyNz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy Wagon Ls1 & Vn Wagon
Well figured out how to sort the dash, bit of messing around but the result's speak for themselves. Looks like it's always been in there now, had to file down the corner mounting points to get it to sit flat then trimmed back the edge that sticks up rite across the dash. You cant mess it up as there's a solid plastic ridge the sticks up under it, trimming it to that height is perfect. Next time i pull the dash out i'll get some pics so it can be seen what to do, well onto the next mission i guess lol
Picture403.jpg
Picture404.jpg
Picture405.jpg
Picture406.jpg
Picture407.jpg

GypsyNz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy Wagon Ls1 & Vn Wagon
Got some more done, had to sort the battery tray. I had a mirage one here from an old daily, welded some spacers on the bottom for it to sit flush. Then sorted the bracket to hold the power steer reservoir as the old Vl tray was rusty as, luckily i was able to cut off the rusty crap & use what was left. Welded that on & she's all good, the trays bolted in to so if i ever decide to relocate the battery it's only 3 holes to weld up:thumbsup:
Picture408.jpg
Picture410.jpg
Picture411.jpg
Picture412.jpg

chrisso 82

Reaction score
Members Ride
VB commodore
Good progress mate coming along nice!!!!!!!!!

drewVHSS

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
stores.ebay.com.au
Members Ride
'83 VH SS, '79 Green VB SL '92 S2 VQ Caprice
I can't recall what heater box you're using, but did you come across the same problem i have? I'm using my original VB heater box so i didn't have to cut and shut to use a vk or vl one... but the heater cable setup is different mount for the VK/VL HVAC controller compared to the VB one? I'm thinking of having a cable made up custom, how did you get around this?

GypsyNz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy Wagon Ls1 & Vn Wagon
Cheers Chrisso..........

My plan with mine was to use the Vc heater with the original controller & run the Vl wires up to the heater motor, to turn it on i was going to mount a separate switch. But if the controller dont fit like your saying that could be very interesting indeed, be a we while before i get to that but sounds like another head scratcher. I'll have to have a suss in the shed today to see if i can figure anything, will let you no if i find a solution:thumbsup:

GypsyNz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy Wagon Ls1 & Vn Wagon
Well been out in the shed messing round, trial fitted the Vl carpets. They will fit so that's a bonus & the carpets mint out of the parts wagon, just going to mount the shifter soon. Will chuck some pic's up once i get the shifter etc sorted on that.
Done some haggling with a guy with a Vl wagon to & scored it for $60 delivered so any little bit's i might need i've sure got now, it's less motor & box but there was stuff like headlight wiring & fuel tank & other stuff i needed so i'm set now:thumbsup:
Picture418.jpg