Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My Vc Wagon.....

GypsyNz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy Wagon Ls1 & Vn Wagon
Cross-members all done, gave it a coat of paint so will bolt that in tomorrow. One less job to do:thumbsup:
Picture444.jpg

GypsyNz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy Wagon Ls1 & Vn Wagon
Bolted the cross-member up yesterday, glad that's done. Pulled the tank & wiring from the parts wagon yesterday to, going to pull the fuel lines out next. Not sure if the weathers going to allow that today but time will tell, got the Vc tank to drop out yet & run the wiring through anyways so i'll at least try & get that done today. Have to mount the bracket for the fuel pump to, i done 1 years ago on a 3.3 efi conversion into a wagon & from memory it wasn't to bad to do. She's sure getting closer to being running again:thumbsup:

GypsyNz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy Wagon Ls1 & Vn Wagon
Well didn't do much today, to cold for me. Did a couple of small jobs in the shed though, made up an adapter loom for the rear wiper & rear interior light. Vc one end & Vl the other, done that then sorted the wiring for the number plate light & the high stop light. Got all sorted & everything works right down to the reversing lights, hope it warms up tomorrow then will get a lot more done:thumbsup:
Picture445.jpg
Picture446.jpg

GypsyNz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy Wagon Ls1 & Vn Wagon
Well big day today, got busy underneath the old girl. Thought i'd mount the fuel filter bracket, managed to get one off ok as they're welded on. Welded that up sweet, after that i got the fuel lines out of the parts wagon & fitted those. Dropped the Vc tank & fitted the Vl one, for the fuel pump mounting well that was piss easy as the Vc had the holes already there i just had to get the special nut's out of the parts wagon. Easy to get out so i found, push the nut up & turn it in its cradle then they drop out, did that & fitted them to the Vc. The only thing stopping her from running is the fuel pump, had an old one here that leaked a tad last time it was on a car. Thought i'd try that just to start her but no joy, got a good fuel pump coming in the weekend though so wont be long till she's running.
Only thing i have to sort is the fuel pump wiring, as far as i knew the wiring connections on the fuel pumps were all push on terminals where as the loom i've used is bolt on so will have to figure which wire goes where & solder on the right conectors. Wont take much to sort that though so all good:)
Picture448.jpg
Picture447.jpg
Picture449.jpg

GypsyNz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy Wagon Ls1 & Vn Wagon
Well she lives again, stubborn witch didn't want to start but i was more stubborn lol. Now starts 1st turn of the key, stale as crap petrol's not helping but will soon run that out of her. Mixed in some new petrol so should help a bit, to say i'm rapt to her her run again is an understatement. Need's the exhaust sorted i no that much, where the 2 pipes go into 1 is where she ends so will have to sort that. I reckon that piece of rubber that joins the in-tank pump to the main pipe is gone as i can here some gurgling, had that happen on my last daily. Wouldn't start till it had quarter of a tank same as this, got the old pump with the busted rubber from my old daily so i'll get that fixed & chuck her in regardless. Piece of mind doing it, well i reckon i've earned a beer or 3 lol:thumbsup:

GypsyNz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy Wagon Ls1 & Vn Wagon
Well fixed my old in-tank pump this morning, pulled the current one out & sure enough it was gone but what made me laugh was some penis fingers had been at it. A hunk of what looks like heater hose was the attempt to fix it which failed of course, what really made me crack up was the sock filter on the pump. It had been taken off & a piece of cheese cloth had been clamped on for a filter, a true genius who ever it was that did that NOT lol....
Well anyways the new in-tank pumps in & working well, only took me 20 minutes from start to finish this time but i'd say that was a fluke i got it in so quick lol.......Here's some pics of the repaired pump & the old one for a laugh:lmao:
Picture453.jpg
Picture454.jpg
Picture455.jpg

GypsyNz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy Wagon Ls1 & Vn Wagon
Done a we bit on the wagon over the last 2 days, cut out a bit more of that rust on the front left corner. Only 1 piece left to sort now & that's that, will chuck some pics up later on. Apart from that i got the gold wagon ready to go to the knackers yard, thought i better before the Mr's kills me lol
Also i won something on auction last night that i think might suit the old girl down to a t, will paint the centers black. Going to pick them up soon, won them for $250 & the tires all have 6 mm tread so think i done well. Well here's a sneak pic, will chuck up one once i try them on:thumbsup:
240268994.jpg

GypsyNz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy Wagon Ls1 & Vn Wagon
Well picked up the mags, rapt with them to. You can unbolt the centers so i'll do that down the track a bit & get them powder coated black, the outer rims will clean up well with some Autosol. Will drop the suspension down on Superlows eventually so should look the part once that's all done, it's good to be able to drive it out of the shed again to i know that much lol.
Also some pic's of where i fixed in the weekend & what still need's to be done, it's all on that side in that one place. Rest of the wagons sweet for rust, the bit i just fixed was on the back of the door piller on the inner guard area. Just cut out the offending section & folded up a new one up out of panel steel & welded it in, one thing i'm going to do in the finish is use the plastic Vk inner guard liners. They'll stop any crap getting back there pretty much, well here's some pic's :yeah:
Picture456.jpg
Picture457.jpg
Picture458.jpg
Picture459.jpg
Picture460.jpg

GypsyNz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy Wagon Ls1 & Vn Wagon
Well got the piece sorted to fix that rusty section i cut out, cut the section out of the gold one which is tidy as. All cleaned up now just need to trim it to fit & weld her in, one thing i'm going to do 1st though is get one of those engine cleaning guns. Will mix up sum diesel & waiste oil & give her a good spray on those inner sills, stop any rust dead in it's tracks with that. Be good once this is all sorted as this is the only thing holding me up from finishing the interior, not sure what else i'll do today. Weathers turning to crap so probably wont be much else.....
Picture462.jpg
Picture461.jpg
Picture463.jpg

GypsyNz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy Wagon Ls1 & Vn Wagon
Just messing round here today, got rid of the gold wreck so that's a bonus. Will calm the Mr's a tad lol, after that just started sorting a couple of smaller bits. Sorting out mounting the shifter, it sits well back so had the front section to fill in. Figured a plan for that, used the original manual plate. I just ground the raised section off round where the gear lever rubber used to be & the very rear section so the shifter can sit flat, will work well. The shifter arm i had was toast so bought one online so just waiting for that to arrive then i can adjust it up then mount it permanent, will sort the console after that to. Figured out where to mount the center dash bolt to so will weld that in in the next day or so, she's starting to come together now slowly but surely:)
Picture465.jpg
CopyofPicture466.jpg
Picture467.jpg