Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
True and true. The Alpine units are more expensive and they are certainly not without their issues. If I could, I’d have the Alpine H/U but the Aerpro HVAC control. The Aerpro HVAC looks to me like it is simpler and easier to control. The Alpine is fancy and TBH, in my opinion, bloody stupid. I find it frustrating and it looks like a graduate got bored working at Alpine one day… and came up with that design while sniffing something. Good design (especially interfaces) should be simple for us to use. Have the flashy crap if u must but let me turn it off!
I actually suspect and I could be wrong but I reckon we might have seen a bad batch of Aerpro units on the market over the last year or so. I don't remember hearing about so many issues a few years ago, and yet there seems to be a lot more people experiencing problems with their Aerpro's in the last year or so.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, Cross 8 VZ, & ya mum.
True and true. The Alpine units are more expensive and they are certainly not without their issues. If I could, I’d have the Alpine H/U but the Aerpro HVAC control. The Aerpro HVAC looks to me like it is simpler and easier to control. The Alpine is fancy and TBH, in my opinion, bloody stupid. I find it frustrating and it looks like a graduate got bored working at Alpine one day… and came up with that design while sniffing something. Good design (especially interfaces) should be simple for us to use. Have the flashy crap if u must but let me turn it off!
You can have an Alpine unit. You don’t have to use the Alpine HVAC.

mtd

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V V8
You can have an Alpine unit. You don’t have to use the Alpine HVAC.
:) Yeah Fu, realised my post was a bit 'misguided' after submission.
The emphasis was more my gripes with the Alpine HVAC. Yes, they're seperate.

That said, I doubt (but I don't know, never looked into it) I could have the Aerpro HVAC and Alpine units fit the way mine does - It nicely replaces the spot of the orig GM H/U and HVAC controls. Maybe it does!??? Further, probably have to futz around alot...

Moorman

Reaction score
Members Ride
Berlina
Can we suggest coming down to a specific head unit? I'll take your guidance on this. I want to spend about $300 - $350 - or $400 without installing costs. And I want the unit to be able to play videos. Any format.