Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

huthy14

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ss
Holden ve ss 2006 Manual

Engine Mods: Comp cam 232/234 112, VCM OTR, Upgraded oil pump, cooler thermostat, underdrive pulley
Exhaust: Full stainless steel xforce 3 inch
Gearbox: 6 Speed Manual, Heavy duty organic clutch
Brakes: Standard but with DBA T3 rotors on the front with Bendix SRT pads
Suspension: Pedders coilovers & Pedders Strut brace
Power: 321rkw/430rwhp

Stereo:
Headunit: Alpine Double Din w910r
Front Speakers: Phoenix Gold ELITE.65cs
Rear Speakers: Alpine Type R
Subs: 2x Alpine Type R
Mono Amp: Alpine mrp1000
4ch Amp: Alpine mrp600

Interior & Exterior Changes:
Hsv Steering Wheel
Hsv triple Gauge pod
Hsv Front Bar
Hsv Rear Spoiler
SSV Tail lights

Future Mods:
Oil Catch Can
Diff 3.9
Side mount supercharger

Last edited:

bonners

Reaction score
Members Ride
Sting SV Black Edition Tourer
Nice car mate. How much did you spend on the speaker replacement. Thats the one thing I still have not invested in in 3 years of owning the car

huthy14

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ss
Nice car mate. How much did you spend on the speaker replacement. Thats the one thing I still have not invested in in 3 years of owning the car

Thanks, to be honest with u too much, It has been a long road, there has been sound stream in there don't know why i did it when i'm not a fan of sound stream they lasted a month i think before i got tired of them and thats when i got the full stereo done. I then put alpine type r's in the front and left rear sound stream in the back doors but they only last a week i think until i blew them up, so i then swapped them out and replace them with alpine type r's, all speakers running off the f600 alpine amp. But now i'm still not a completely happy with the sound quality, great speakers and they taking beating alright i will give them that but now i want more volume and more clarity, so speaker with a nice clean loud punch to it with out loosing any sound quality. so my installer has recommend to me top of the range focal but there little bit to much then i want to spend for one set so i think i will be going ads top of the range speakers 2 speakers either side each door in the front and move the front type r's to the rear and mount there tweeter in the rear doors somewhere.

So i suppose to give u a rough idea the type r's set me back about $550 that's not including anything with it like amps, dynamat in the doors and a line converter back then, also if don't want to change your head unit let me know because i now have a alpine line converter, so if u want it u can have it for $50 or something as it no good to me anymore. If u want to know more give Jason a call at GCCS 07 5524 1600 at tweed heads, just tell him scott with orange ve ss sent ya and i'm sure he can help u out with anything u want. Also if u want you can have a listen to mine just let me know and we can meet up somewhere.

huthy14

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ss
Nice motor mate!

If you haven't already, get rid of that bonnet protector ..

Thanks bud hopefully Hi Torque down here will get to rip it apart soon and do a nice cam job to it. I will take it u don't like bonnet protectors, i would have to agree with u but that bit of plastic saved my bonnet from a very nasty stone chip the worse things in the world if u ask me besides fuel prices. So i think i will leave it on it doesn't actually look that bad in person.