Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My VE SSV

SSV-AD

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 Ve SSV Sedan
-- 2010 ve ssv -- comp cam purchased

Name: Alex
Model: 2010 VE SSV
Engine Type: 6.0L L98
Engine Mods: VCM otr intake, COMP CAM 232/234 @112, 4 Point Cam Sprocket, ARP 3 Bolt Cam Set, PAC .600 Valve Springs, Manley Pushrods (ALL CAM GEAR IS WAITING TO BE INSTALLED)
Power: 270.7RWKW (untuned)
Exhaust: 1-7/8" pacemakers onto a 3" X-Force Cat Back
Gearbox: 6 Speed Manual - T56
Brakes: Standard
Suspension: KYB G-Force Shocks with King SSSL Front and SSL Rear springs.. Whiteline Adj 26mm Front Sway Bar, Whiteline Adj 22mm Rear Sway Bar, Whiteline Heavy Duty End Links
Wheels: Lenso D1R 20x8.5 Front & 20x10 Rear
Other Mods Bee-sting Aerial, 20% Tint, Blacked-out Chevy grille, 2x 12" type R sub's & 1000w rms V12 Amp, De-Winged & De-Badges, Lip Wing, GXP Rear Diffuser, OX Racing light weight wheel nuts

Near Future Mods: Bilstein coilovers, 5% tint, polyurathane bushes and then enjoy the hell out of it :)

Last edited:

SSV-AD

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 Ve SSV Sedan
Thanks mate, il try and up load some photos now. Yeah im contemplating upgrading my cat back to a 3" before i do my extractors, but im unsure weather the extra money is worth the gain?? i was gonna go for the 1 7/8th pacies to give the 2.5 adequate flow for a cam.. any input would be appreciated.

McDonalds

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore
cant view your first pic mate but nice looking car, what does a bee sting aerial do? besides look better

SSV-AD

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 Ve SSV Sedan
ok, il try and upload it again.. and not much mate, i just didnt like the "remote control car" looking aerial that came stock.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    236.9 KB · Views: 1,336
Last edited:

SSV-AD

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 Ve SSV Sedan
ahah yeah well i bought mine off ebay for $20.. cant complain really, they look good

H4Z4RD

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 SV6 Sedan
Nice car mate, very mean in black!

Just did a road trip to Melbourne & back 2 weeks ago, found my bee sting aerial was crap but had my stock aerial in the car so just swapped it for the run. The bee sting is fine for around town though.

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=-33.935982,151.098450

SSV-AD

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 Ve SSV Sedan
Thanks H4Z4RD, yeah i kept my stock one for that exact reason! nice car too btw, love the hazard yellow! i would black out the holden badges though, just my 2 cents :)

HussySV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VW GOLF GTD
Nice car mate. Really likeing the matte finish in the grill. Those 22s are huge lol. Was going to recommened go the boot lid but i see its on your future mods list, but also put on that list a G8 diffuser. Also mate those type Rs are a beast, cant wait for my type Xs ;)

As for the 1 7/8th pacies to give the 2.5 adequate flow for a cam - i would not have a clue mate. I only said the 2.5inch would be ristrictive because of what i have heard. All i know is that people on this forum, go for the 3inch if they going for cam. All the best mate.

EDIT: http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/ve-wm/142800-juzos-my08-5-ve-v8-calais.html has 2.5 with extractors and highflow cat and he is running a cam. Maybe have a chat to him? But then again his one is KPM and yours is XFORCE( not dising XFORCE, i just bought my own and im installing today, just KPM is better :p )

Also somewhere in the thread i remember somone saying that he wont the rwkw he was after because he went 2.5 , if he went 3inch then he would of got it. So just have a read and maybe just have a chat to him.

Sorry cant be much help, havnt experineced it yet :(