Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My VF GTS

spice weasel (BAM)

Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen F GTS
So i have picked up my VF GTS last night which I have proceeded to name her Gerri.

Gerri is a manual and is currently completely stock standard. She is nitrate in colour and I got her with 800km on the clock so I got her at demo car prices :).

The silly guys in the dealership were running her on standard unleaded so I have been trying to put a quick couple of tanks of bp ultimate through her so she gets a bit happier. Unfortunately for me that means I have been driving her heaps yesterday and today which is a real shame. I have a couple of photos I took the day I paid the deposit but haven't taken any others yet as I have been to busy driving her and I live in Tassie so it gets dark at like 4pm or something stupid like that at the moment.

I'm not sure if I should do any modifications to her or not. The suspension, diff and brakes are all majorly upgraded to begin with. The brakes actually look HUGE and it makes me laugh every time I see them. They don't really seem that much smaller than the alloys themselves. I hear there are some guys who have done pulley, exhaust and tune and have run in the 10's down the quarter but at this stage she still feels pretty bloody quick to me so I will see if the excitement wears off at all before I make any choices. By far the quickest car I have owned to date. Makes my e3 maloo I traded in seem positively slow.

Anyway enough rambling here are the pics I have. I promise to put up some more tomorrow.

photo 1.JPGphoto 2.JPGphoto 3.JPGphoto 4.JPGphoto 5.JPG

MPC78

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV manual sedan on order
So i have picked up my VF GTS last night which I have proceeded to name her Gerri.

Gerri is a manual and is currently completely stock standard. She is nitrate in colour and I got her with 800km on the clock so I got her at demo car prices :).

The silly guys in the dealership were running her on standard unleaded so I have been trying to put a quick couple of tanks of bp ultimate through her so she gets a bit happier. Unfortunately for me that means I have been driving her heaps yesterday and today which is a real shame. I have a couple of photos I took the day I paid the deposit but haven't taken any others yet as I have been to busy driving her and I live in Tassie so it gets dark at like 4pm or something stupid like that at the moment.

I'm not sure if I should do any modifications to her or not. The suspension, diff and brakes are all majorly upgraded to begin with. The brakes actually look HUGE and it makes me laugh every time I see them. They don't really seem that much smaller than the alloys themselves. I hear there are some guys who have done pulley, exhaust and tune and have run in the 10's down the quarter but at this stage she still feels pretty bloody quick to me so I will see if the excitement wears off at all before I make any choices. By far the quickest car I have owned to date. Makes my e3 maloo I traded in seem positively slow.

Anyway enough rambling here are the pics I have. I promise to put up some more tomorrow.

That is top shelf. Well done. I'd leave her stock. They will be a long term classic and I reckon it's best to leave her the way she was born. Unmolestered original classics are always worth more and are more special.

spice weasel (BAM)

Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen F GTS
Thanks MPC78. I'm pretty chuffed with her. I'm thinking leaving stock makes sense, however there is a little bit in me that just wants to go really really fast. :p

Anyway, here are the extra photos I took today. The colour just keeps growing and growing on me all the time.

photo 1.jpgphoto 2.jpgphoto 3.jpgphoto 4.jpgphoto 5.jpg

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
TBH on that car I'd leave it stock to near the end of the warranty period and after that see what the industry is offering. It looks pretty easy to get 400+ RWKW and a shitload of torques from simple bolt ons and tune though.

ps: having driven a few Fgen Gts's I have to say it's by far the quickest stock standard car I have seen by a long way. The torque from goah to redline is nuts. My only drama with yours is Silver??? Can't stand that colour.... but that's just me :)

gun32gtr

Reaction score
Members Ride
vu ss II
jealous as mate would love one of these things in my shed for sure. any colour would do me;)

spice weasel (BAM)

Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen F GTS
Nitrate wasn't my first choice but this was was $11k less than if I ordered one in a different colour plus with the black alloys and tinted windows it's really grown on me. I'm also notorious for not washing my cars and this one will still look ok dirty. I fully get the colour thing though it's a really personal choice. Yeah she does get up and boogie. I don't think the quarter mile and 0-100 times even do them justice as they do struggle for grip early but the in gear acceleration is just awesome.

hsv_r8

Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 R8 SV
I must say the Nitrate is nice but I am a little biased towards it. Very nice ride indeed.

Towcar

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina Wagon
I am so jealous.

Nice car there, can't wait to win lotto so I can buy one!

I need that much power for towing!

NetWalker

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Auto
Question: GTS for all of the $$$ but no fog lights?

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
Question: GTS for all of the $$$ but no fog lights?

They needed all the flow they could get to keep it cool so fogs had to go.