Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My VF GTS

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage

spice weasel (BAM)

Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen F GTS
Ha ha, you know I never even noticed that. The daytime running lights now run all the time so I suppose they think they replace the fog lights maybe? That being said I find the headlights light up the road brilliantly. Much better than my 2011 ssv series 2 that is my daily driver.

I am at this stage hoping it will go quick enough to outrun the dark. ha ha :p

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
Like I said. Holden engineers required more airflow for the hotter running motor so they had to go. Was in a Motor article a while back from memory.

markalan1two

Smile and wave boys !!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
X5 BMW, GenF2 GTS, HSV Y R8, AMG C43
yeah thats why their is the large opening above the number plate as well need to feed the monster air

spice weasel (BAM)

Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen F GTS
Ok, so update for everyone.

I spoke to my local Walkinshaw guys today as I've already adjusted to the power. Crazy but i'm thinking more power may be the go.

Apparently they don't have official kits yet but will within the next month. They are saying they will have a kit without any exhaust upgrade or anything should be around or more than the harrop stage 2 kit so i'm looking at around 530kw and 1000nm of torque. Supposedly these cars are pretty easy to get power out of. If I added an exhaust to the kit I would be looking at in excess of 600kw and 1100nm of toque. All the numbers are at the engine by the way. This way I also keep my factory warranty and there are no harrop people locally so I get someone I can go and see if I ever struck and issue.

Any thoughts from you guys? Am I being stupid as I'm kind of hoping long term this may be a collectors car? Or I could be totally wrong? More power calls me but at the same time i'm a bit unsure if its wise

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
Maybe you need a 2nd GTS... one to mod and one to garage. You know... just sayin' lol

Heron SSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 NT Pajero Exceed, 1984 VK SL
Unless you plan on wrapping it in a blanket and leaving it in the garage for a few decades without driving it then i wouldnt worry about it being a collectors car. Mod it the way you want, drive it and enjoy it.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Ok, so update for everyone.

I spoke to my local Walkinshaw guys today as I've already adjusted to the power. Crazy but i'm thinking more power may be the go.

Apparently they don't have official kits yet but will within the next month. They are saying they will have a kit without any exhaust upgrade or anything should be around or more than the harrop stage 2 kit so i'm looking at around 530kw and 1000nm of torque. Supposedly these cars are pretty easy to get power out of. If I added an exhaust to the kit I would be looking at in excess of 600kw and 1100nm of toque. All the numbers are at the engine by the way. This way I also keep my factory warranty and there are no harrop people locally so I get someone I can go and see if I ever struck and issue.

Any thoughts from you guys? Am I being stupid as I'm kind of hoping long term this may be a collectors car? Or I could be totally wrong? More power calls me but at the same time i'm a bit unsure if its wise

Down the track it may be worth something. Probably has the most chance from anything HSV since the W427 but don't expect anything for 10 - 15 years or more. Even then, as an investment it sucks - even plonking your $100 (or whatever you picked it up for) in a bank will most likely make you way in front. As for WPS - welll I'd look at the other options out there. What state do you live in?