Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My VG Work Hack

IRON8

Let It Rip
Reaction score
Members Ride
'VTank SS , VG/VR Ute
VG V6 auto ute Mods; VR Clubsport replica face lift, custom colour - Nike Red, SuperLow Dobi Sport springs, 18x8.5 Mak Stings with 20mm spacers on the front, Rebuilt Borgwarner LSD (very tight)

Has been a project, was destined for the wreckers, have replaced nearly everything- wheels, shocks, springs, motor,radiator, diff, wheel and axle bearings, fixed all the lights, upgraded the headlamp bulbs, fitted tool box and tonneau cover, painted out original flamboyant silver stripes, scrubbed the interior and fitted new plates. Added 20mm hub spacers on the front as the VN front strut set up is a bit weired causing the wheels to be set right in which looked a bit queer, brought the wheels out perfectly to match the VR stance.

1 (2).jpg2 (2).jpgmy VG Ute 001.JPGmy VG Ute 005.JPGmy VG Ute 007.JPG

Last edited:

Alloytec

Reaction score
Members Ride
LS1 VT SS
Nice, some clear side indicators would look great on this, Always been a fan of the VG ute nice ride.

Alloytec

Reaction score
Members Ride
LS1 VT SS
just tap into the front indicator wiring on each respective side. thats all i did with my vn that runs a vp facelift and they work a treat !

future mods?

IRON8

Let It Rip
Reaction score
Members Ride
'VTank SS , VG/VR Ute
just tap into the front indicator wiring on each respective side. thats all i did with my vn that runs a vp facelift and they work a treat !

future mods?

none really but still wanna replace the tailgate as its a bit rippled, replace door cards and straighten up the rear muffler.

IRON8

Let It Rip
Reaction score
Members Ride
'VTank SS , VG/VR Ute
quick update on the ol donkey,

-replaced the steering rack and frost plugs in the heads

-spun top hats around to bring front wheels out more flush and sit less on the piss

-wheel alignment number ... at least 4 !

-painted all the silver details out in matt black

-matt black decals

-radiator flush out

-fitted roll bar today

298.jpg295.jpg

Project_87

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK Calais
haha donkey. Looks good, I bet it never lets you down - they just keep going

IRON8

Let It Rip
Reaction score
Members Ride
'VTank SS , VG/VR Ute
haha donkey. Looks good, I bet it never lets you down - they just keep going

Not since I replaced the motor! So you could say she has let me down but that would be down the k's. 385k at present.. only the trans is maybe original.. the motor I had put in is a bit of a dud, it goes OK but has an awful idle and a noisy lifter but it's getting a 304 at the end of the year so just gotta nurse it.

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 5035A using Tapatalk