It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community
Discussion in 'VB - VC - VH - VK' started by Crash, Dec 12, 2013.
So I've been a bit pre-occupied with my new house lately and haven't made any time for the wagon.
On a plus it's at my place now after being tubbed etc.
So one of the reasons I've been pre-occupied is coz I've been building a new home for it. I can't wait til it's finished so I can get started on stripping the wagon down fully to get it ready for paint.
So she's all done, just gotta move in now.
Nice, you must be very very excited. Bet you can't wait to get stuck into it.
its in its new home.
Plenty of room for activities.
Gee, haven't been on here in a while. Might have to post some progress pics
Is this Benny as in AVH355?
Haha, Nah, my names Brent.
I know Benny tho. I live in Geelong as well and have known him for years.
So i lost interest in the car for a bit with working FIFO and everything, that's probably why i hadn't posted anything for a while. I got back into it mid to late 2015 after getting a job back home.
So i started getting into the bay again.
The engine bay after a few holes were welded up.
I took the dash out and welded up the holes where the A/C pipping came through and then sanded off all the etch primer.
Then it was off the panel shop. (The start of 2016). It was there for the first half of the year and now I've got back into it again.
Bay all filled and in primer.
Got the car back from paint and panel around Aug16.
All painted now.
The K frame was next to get some attention.
I haven't put a photo up of it but I'm running a VS brake booster with VT master cylinder.
Next job was to tackle the rear shock mounts after the diff was shortened.
They were cut off because they were going to hit the back of the drums. I simply cut some off a spare diff i had and cut them up to fit. I test fitted the diff and then took it out again and welded the mounts in place.
Next thing i did was give the old 355 a degrease and tidy up
Got it in the hole without any dramas.
New manifold and the carbs on.
I still have fabricated rocker covers to go on yet but i need to weld some fittings in the front for some catch cans.
I also decided to run a VS wagon tank because it has a in tank pump. Hopefully its enough to feed the carby.
The top tank is the VS one and the bottom one is the original VH.
Im now in the middle of modifying the back seat to fit between the tubs. I bought a complete rear seat for $20 so i thought id cut that one up incase i stuffed it up. Seems to b going good so far.
Separate names with a comma.